REMOVED: Escotilha Bar

Serves meat, veg options available. This beach-side bar is unique in that there are no others in this district of seaside resorts that offer vegetarian or vegan food. This is one of the only places here that serves veggie burgers (also serve veggie wraps). The English speaking manager is happy to accommodate your vegan needs and will even offer to make something especially for you. Removed per owner request. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Portugese, Western, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

CristinaC
CristinaC

Worst service ever!

Posted on 05 / 05 / 2013

I went there on mother's day with the intention to have lunch.- after checking the menu....I found some salads but all of them with dairy products, eggs, cheese etc. I decided not to spend over 10€ for a salad and still be hungry after pulling the egg / cheese out. So I ordered a milk-coffee,and decided just to enjoy the view at the ocean.It took a long time before I got my order,all the waiters were extremely unfriendly.I asked 4 times for the bill and in the end I had to go to the counter to pay.The milk-coffee tasted bad.
Thats a place I wouldn't visit anymore, even if the food+drinks were free!
And for the view...well there are many, many other Bars and restaurants along the shore with a way better view and far more better service.

Pros: nice view
Cons: very unfriendly staff, no vegan food, noisy
DutchGirl
DutchGirl

Nice ocean view

Posted on 07 / 15 / 2012

In July 2012 we had dinner at the Escotilha Bar. The location was great and had a nice view of the ocean. I had garlic bread for a starter, which tasted good. There was no veggie wrap on the menu, but they did have the veggie burger. The burger was a asparagus filled breadcrumb covered fried disk on a bun with lettuce and tomato slices. I could not say that it tasted bad, but in my opinion it had no real flavor, so I would not recommend it. The French fries that came with it were good.

Pros: Friendly Staff , Great view
Cons: Only one veggie option on the menu , Very basic meal

Dear Owner and Manager of REMOVED: Escotilha Bar: