Serves meat, veg options available. Fine dining organic Italian restaurant. Offers several raw vegan main dished, all hot appetizers and a few cold ones are vegetarian, vegetarian pastas are marked on the menu. Also vegetarian and raw tasting menus. Note: They do offer offensive animal based options here as well. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Italian, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
1311 Washington Ave (13th)
Miami Beach, Florida 33139
305-674-9450
  • Reservations required

First Review by musacgal
ohemgee
ohemgee

Incredible

4 Posted on 07 / 16 / 2013

I had the most amazing 5 course dinner at this wonderful restaurant. The waiter and the chef were both very accommodating. The chef prepared a 5 course dinner for me, it was a surprise with every dish. Worth every penny!

Pros: Vegan, Raw Vegan
Cons: Pricey
emilc
emilc

Good fancy option in South Beach

4 Posted on 09 / 23 / 2011

This restaurant is more on the fancy side, with prices to match. The quality of its food is excellent-especially their raw vegan dishes. The chef is very accommodating, and she even prepared the raw vegan lasagna for me, even though it was not on the menu, and I did not call in advance. Kudos to that. The portions are on the small side.

I guess my only disappointment is that given the chef's focus on healthy food, there were way too many dairy-heavy and meat-oriented dishes. I figure that this is a business decision. Overall, it's nice to have a fancy option with decent raw/vegan foods when I'm in Miami.

Pros: Chef can modify menu, Fancy atmosphere, Good food
Cons: Too many meat/dairy dishes, Pricey, Small portions
MonicaWeinhold
MonicaWeinhold

Very Italian, great vegan dessert

4 Posted on 04 / 26 / 2011

We had dinner with friends a couple weeks ago and food was excellent. They mostly have raw and non-vegetrian options in their menu, but they offered us (vegans) two different pasta options that were not in the menu. The pasta was perfect and the vegan chocolate pudding was delicious!
Great option for special occasions. For us it was expensive, but we were glad we tried it.
PS: The person who offered us the specials of the day talks with great passion and detail the way they cook the food. If you are hungry, be patient! ;-)

Pros: Charming, Groumet style, Very Italian
Cons: Pricey, Pricey, Pricey
Susan Kayne
Susan Kayne

Charming

4 Posted on 01 / 25 / 2011

Old world charm, friendly staff. Eclectic raw and vegan dishes.

Pros: healthy, friendly
Cons: very small portions, pricey
Hungry Vegan
Hungry Vegan

Excellent option for vegans

4 Posted on 12 / 14 / 2010

This restaurant was a wonderful option for us vegans during our visit to Miami. Most vegan friendly restaurants are brightly light juice smoothie places -- not here. This is a nice romantic restaurant with low lighting and excellent service. The head server was amazing and had great knowledge about the menu. Several raw vegan entrees and options for salads and appetizers that could be made vegan. Much of the ingredients were local and the server knew the origins of most of the items. They had organic red wines without added sulfites available. No vegan dessert options, but that is okay. We walked over to Juice and Java for some vegan cupcakes afterwards!

Pros: multiple vegan options, very knowledgeable staff, romantic
Cons: no vegan desserts

sglcklch
sglcklch

Wonderful raw vegan food

4 Posted on 11 / 20 / 2010

I was here for dinner with my boyfriend once and I had no idea raw vegan could be sooo yummy! They got nice ambiance there and service was good. While I absolutely enjoyed my raw lasagna, my boyfriend said his dish was just so-so, which kind of made me wonder if this place is all about its raw menu. Prices in the raw section were IMO very reasonable given the quality. Definitely recommended!

Pros: ambiance, service
Cons: limited vegan options except raw
tawna
tawna

yum yum

4 Posted on 09 / 02 / 2010

we loved this place so much that we ate there two days in a row. The chef says if you call ahead she will make you a 5 course vegan/raw meal. We had it both days and it was soooooooo good. It is pricey no doubt but it felt worth it for me. 3 of the 5 courses were raw and the other 2 were pasta and rossotto. It is a beautiful small place and the staff are a wonderful. It is usually rare to have good service in miami. Remember if you would like to have the 5 course vegan or raw you need to call ahead a couple of days.

Pros: friendly staff, beautiful decore , delicious food
Cons: pricey???, not vegan :)
clashbabi
clashbabi

ah-ma-zing raw food menu

4 Posted on 11 / 30 / 2009

i went to this restaurant two nights in a row while in Miami.

the chef, Giancarla put together some fantastic raw dishes for me each night i was there. the restaurant is branded as an organic italian restaurant, but their raw food is some of the best i've found.

if you are raw foodist/vegan, ask to speak to the chef. she will come out and personally introduce herself and the selections on the raw menu. after meeting the chef, i didn't even have to order my food, she knew exactly what to prepare for me.

i felt like a princess at this restaurant, as the service was outstanding.

i would recommend this restaurant to everyone.

if this restaurant was at or above pricey, i didn't even notice. it didn't matter. it was worth every dollar that i may have spent.

i would be giving this restaurant 5 stars but happycow will only allow me to give 4 stars due to it being a non-veg restaurant.

musacgal
musacgal

Lovely!

4 Posted on 09 / 28 / 2009

Very small, charming restaurant. Lots of options for veg. Very knowledgable staff. Wish it would go totally veg, it seems as though that is what the owners believe in! We tried some of the raw fettucini and it was just ok but everything else was amazing! Wish they had an outdoor dining area too.

Pros: Veg options, Knowledgable staff, Location
Cons: No outdoor dining, Meat on menu, Needs more organic wine options

Dear Owner and Manager of Escopazzo: