Vegan cafe with full coffee and espresso bar. Wheat free and soy free options. Holds vegan cooking classes twice month and a monthly vegan raw food three course dinner. Closed on Mon. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Beer/Wine, Organic, Take-out
610 E Wright St (the tracks in downtown)
Pensacola, Florida 32501
850-429-0336

Tue-Sat 10:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-2:00pm

First Review by aglenn0
KatieB
KatieB

Awesome little cafe!

4 Posted on 08 / 22 / 2014

The whole menu looked delicious, but we got the knuckle sandwich, the tempeh panini, and a Thai ice tea. Everything came out perfectly; tofu and tempeh had wonderful flavor! Would love to come back!

Derek A
Derek A

A Culinary Treat !

5 Posted on 03 / 04 / 2014

The place is awesome! We found it because Sluggo's was closed on Sunday and we usually stop there traveling through Pensacola. The Sunday Brunch Was reasonably priced, especially considering the generous portions. Very creative food combinations and beautiful Presentation! DELICIOUS!! Also, the service was great. They are very friendly.

Pros: Delicious, Generous Portions, Great Personal Service
Anita Good Meal
Anita Good Meal

Delicious Vegan Food

4 Posted on 02 / 08 / 2014

I vacation several times a year at Pensacola Beach, and I always look forward to eating delicious vegan food from End of the Line Cafe. Yes, the building is old and run-down, but the food prep area is clean or I wouldn't continue to patronize them. This is a small, no-frills, local-owned venue, and I love browsing the artwork and sipping on an organic beer while waiting for my food to be prepared. I've always received friendly service, I don't mind waiting for higher-quality food to be freshly prepared by hand, and I'm not so spoiled that I can't bus my own table. Every single menu item I've tried has been delicious, without exception. Intriguing flavor combinations, generous portions sizes, reasonably priced.

Pros: Can't beat the food
Cons: Looks a bit shabby, but get over it!

jeramos76
jeramos76

YUMMM!!

5 Posted on 08 / 03 / 2013

This place rocks from the decor to the staff to the food!! So glad we found you...well worth the 35 minute drive from Foley (^_^)

Pros: vegan cuisine heaven
Cons: more dessert options
VeganFamilyAtlanta
VeganFamilyAtlanta

Tasty food, variety of flavors, consistent quality

5 Posted on 05 / 19 / 2013

Vegan comfort food, laid back atmosphere, funky décor. I like having lunch here because it’s near downtown. I always order something different, and it’s always tasty. A variety of flavors: some meals have traditional American taste, others have exotic flavors like coconut, or cilantro, or other species. There is also a good selection of coffee and chai tea. The employees are very nice and genuine, and you can tell they are passionate about cooking. They offer cooking classes, so that’s something to explore in the future.

Pros: Consistently good food, Relaxed atmosphere, Very pleasant staff
Teknotribes
Teknotribes

Go for the atmosphere... not the food

3 Posted on 04 / 16 / 2013

A cool, casual atmosphere filled with local art and interesting people. Seems like a bit of a community hub. The food is all vegan but far from outstanding and mainly limited to very average salads and sandwiches. I wouldn't go out of my way for the food but I wasn't disappointed either.

Pros: atmosphere, staff
Cons: diversity of menu
PatBaril
PatBaril

I Love this Place!

5 Posted on 04 / 13 / 2013

I am a recent Vegan and after starving for awhile, I found The End of the Line Cafe. Great place. Super nice people. Excellent food and 100% Vegan. So far, I have only had some sandwiches, but plan to attend Thursday night dinners and Sunday Brunch soon. They sound fantastic and since I signed up for newsletter, they send me a menu for those special meals.
The Portobello Mushroom Burger is Awesome. It's a big juicy shroom dressed and placed on a whole wheat roll. Yummy!

Pros: 100% Vegan, Excellent Sandwiches, Vegan Cheeses
Cons: Weird Location, but Cool.
realguy123
realguy123

Awesome vegan food!

5 Posted on 04 / 11 / 2013

Best vegan food in Pensacola. Reasonable prices. Almost everything is made in house by hand. Everything is great, but I especially love the knuckle sandwich.

AlexeyZharkov
AlexeyZharkov

Cheaters. Unhappy Hours.

2 Posted on 02 / 07 / 2013

The menu looked cool but on thursday evening one couldn't order something different from their "dinner". This consisted from a tiny cup of soup, plate with some veggies and a muffin with tea or coffee. But even this "mass producted" meal we had to wait for about an hour. Besides that the area was overcrouded and had an untoleratable noise level. We measured it to 104db.

• realguy123 realguy123

(1) It clearly says "vegan organic dinner" on Thurs on their website. You should have called if that wasn't clear.

(2) Their food quality is way better than a true "mass produced" place like Ruby Tues, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Outback, etc. where Pensacolians love to clog their coronary arteries at! And here you get an appetizer, entree, and desert for $15. Try finding that at any other Pensacola restaurant (other than fast food).

(3) Virtually all food here is hand made in house. Not sure where you got "mass produced."

My dad loves the vegan food here and he eats meat. I am vegan and believe it is the best vegan restaurant in town.

Lthual
Lthual
  • non-vegetarian

End of the line cafe

4 Posted on 02 / 02 / 2013

All the other comments about how good the food was is correct. Our experience with the service was good. Service was not so good in the past but now very good. As the menu is vegetarian and vegan the atmosphere is appropriately casually cool and very informal. If you are looking for good healthy eating do not pass this one up! When finished eating an area is set up for you to deposit the plates, glass etc for clean up. Cool patio in back of restaurant to hang out on.

Pros: Healthy good eats, Organic beer and wine selection, Cool vibe
Cons: Must bus own table when finished, Stand in line to order
CyneEnright
CyneEnright

Really cute artsy cafe with good food

5 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2013

Went to visit family in Florida and tried the brunch and cafe mocha. The brunch was reasonably priced, a lot of food and I loved the macchiato muffins. Purchased cashew cheese (they do special order in advance-- call the day before) and can't wait to try. Very fast and friendly service.

Pros: Good coffee, Nice that no milk or meat, Reasonable price
LHFixer
LHFixer

Fantastic and Genuine

5 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2012

I love this place. I don't live in Pensacola, but I used to go these once every other year or so. The food is basic and simple. It tends to be something close to what I make at home. I'll have to agree that there was a bit of an "in crowd" air to the place when I got there, but I don't think the cost of membership is very high. They are truly nice people, Jen especially. (you could find her tending bar at the Handlebar in the evenings)

I really wish I had a simple place like this where I live. A place where people arent out to make some kind of vegan masterpeice that is barely edible or is making some kind of heavy handed statement. Thats not to say that the End of the Line isnt making it's own statement. It just "Take us as we are" there are always elitist underpinnings to Veganism.

Pros: Unapologetically unpolished, Simple, Inexpensive
Cons: Out of the way, Slightly Exclusionary, Hard to keep clean
vegan nurse
vegan nurse

wonderful food, rest leaves something 2 be desired

2 Posted on 04 / 21 / 2012

It's a true hole in the wall. Employees a bit rude, like if you don't know the secret handshake, you don't belong. I never get the feeling they are glad I'm there. I always get it to go. The atmosphere is eccletic, second hand, used, but I have never found it dirty, or seen bugs or vermin. I usually don't put up with this, but the food is truely that good. I love the eggless salad sandwich, tabouli salad, & pink potato salad. I give the food 5 cows, but everything else 2 cows.

Pros: excellent food
Cons: rude, hodgepoge atmosphere, cash only
DALFLyer
DALFLyer

5 Star Vegan Cuisine

5 Posted on 02 / 08 / 2012

I have been a regular customer here for the past 2 years, with over 40 visits. I usually attend the Thursday Dinner or Sunday Brunch; both of these offer well balanced meals with copious quantities of food. - For $12 you get: Soup, Entree, Salad, a Side Dish, Bread, Dessert, and Coffee or Tea. Recently, this restaurant has made several improvements: now accepts credit cards; offers a limited dinner menu Tue. - Wed, and Thurs. - Sat. Some material improvements have been made to the interior, with a few new furnishings and cleaner bathroom facilities. Sandwiches are offered throughout the day, except during the Thursday Dinner and the Sunday Brunch. A selection of beer and wine is available. The restaurant is normally closed on Mondays, however, the owner offers a Vegan Cooking Class on the first Monday of the month, and a Raw dinner on the third Monday of the month; I believe that both of these are on a reservation or sign-up basis. I have attended 2 of the "Cooking Classes" thus far. I must say, that it is not a hands-on class. Essentially dinner is prepared and served, while the chef/owner describes the process of creating each dish. At completion, recipes are provided. If you are new to Vegan cooking, you will find these worthwhile.
For the size community that Pensacola is, we are fortunate indeed to have such a fine Vegan establishment in our community. I travel for a living, and have had an opportunity to dine at a number of highly regarded Vegan restaurants around our nation, including Sublime, Millenium, Herbivore & Plum Bistro. The food at End of the Line compares very favorably with these eateries, and is less expensive! - Go. Enjoy. Spread the news!
Updated from previous review on Wednesday February 08, 2012

Pros: Outstanding Food, Totally Vegan, Emphasis on Local Produce
Cons: Small Location, Out of the Way
lerman
lerman

our new vegan restaurant

5 Posted on 10 / 06 / 2011

I was afraid to walk in but after reading the reviews here and going there I changed my mind .this place is excellent the other reviews were also credible.My wife had the vegan cheese sandwich and I had a eggplant and vegtable sandwich with a pasta side. excellent

MyraOh
MyraOh

Great Sunday Brunch

5 Posted on 04 / 29 / 2011

Stopped here for Sunday Brunch once and it was great, very reasonably priced ( I think it was around $12 per person). The coconut bars for dessert were amazing! The food was delicious and staff were friendly. Very laid back atmosphere. I wish I lived closer so I could go every Sunday!
Updated from previous review on Friday April 29, 2011

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, low prices
Cons: water tasted weird
txveg
txveg

meh

2 Posted on 11 / 07 / 2010

I don't know, maybe we went on a bad day judging from these reviews, but I found the staff to be kind of rude, and the food just ok. We were visiting from out of town and were so excited to find a restaurant we could eat at. When we walked in the door, we got strange looks from the staff, I guess because we didn't know we were supposed to seat ourselves so we just stood at the door for a minute before figuring it out. We ate the brunch, and the biscuits were extremely dry and the cheeze sauce on the tofu scramble was bad. The dessert (maple cake) was great though. When we finished our meal, we had noticed people were bussing their own tables. My husband went and took our plates to the cart, but didn't know he was supposed to dump the food in the trash (hello we've never had to bus our own table before). When I saw an employee go over there (who had previously been just standing around in the kitchen doing nothing), he shot a dirty look towards our table and dumped the food in the trash while sighing loudly in protest. All in all, this was a very awkward experience for us. I'm sure it's more enjoyable for people who have been there before, or go with someone else who has. We ended up eating at Sluggo's a few times over the remainder of our trip, and absolutely loved it. The food was amazing, the service was friendly, and we didn't have to bus our own table.

Pros: vegan, dessert, salads
Cons: service, service , service
mariannebh
mariannebh

Must be good!

4 Posted on 02 / 21 / 2010

We went in early December on a Sunday after reading the other reviews. The food was very good, just as we expected. Though it was very crowded and it took us 2 hours to get our food, the wait was pleasant as were the people. It seems a great local place, as everyone seemed to know everyone else. When we move to Pensacola this summer, we will be there often!

Pros: great food, healthy, friendly
aruggiero
aruggiero

Great Food!!!

5 Posted on 08 / 04 / 2009

The food here is absolutely wonderful. We own a place in Pensacola and come there twice a month and the Sunday Brunch is a tradition for us when we are there. I can't commend the food enough. The only complaint I have is that the place could be a little cleaner - the food is so good that even that doesn't stop us from going there and giving them an excellent rating! I wish they would write a cookbook with menus!!!

alishasunshine
alishasunshine

Excellent food, not hygenic facility

4 Posted on 07 / 24 / 2009

My mother and I went to the Thursday night dinner because I wanted to try it. We had potato basil soup, spagetti with spicy sauce and meatballs, herb bread, braised cabbage(our favorite) salad with a nice dressing and the dessert was the only thing we didn't like. The food was excellent. They really need to clean the place though. The bathroom sink and toilet were full of mold, and the floors needed to be cleaned throughout.

Pros: food, laid back crowd, artwork on the walls
Cons: cleanliness
penguingirl18
penguingirl18

GREAT FOOD!

5 Posted on 06 / 14 / 2009

i recently tried there food i thought it was very good. i like the way the cafe looked it seemed homey to me. i will definitely be going there more often.

Pros: health, good prices, small homey
Cons: none
prana1
prana1

This Restaurant is the BEST!!

5 Posted on 03 / 22 / 2009

The best vegan place ever, their ruben's and their BLT's helped wheen me off of meat for good! I really would love one of their famous rubens right noow!! I am away until September but when I get back home, it will be the first place I visit!! Yes- Its that good!!

jenneyrebecca
jenneyrebecca

Great but a little messy

4 Posted on 11 / 24 / 2008

The food is fantastic and the ambience is really laid-back, but it is a little run-down. I've taken people there who were put off by the condition of the place. My family is planning on making the Sunday brunch a tradition, though. All in all, we love it but they could clean it up a little.

Pros: great food, all vegan, cool people
Cons: kinda run-down, inconvenient location, no desserts
Sigala7
Sigala7

This place is fantastic

5 Posted on 07 / 30 / 2008

I drug my husband over the water and didn't tell him where we were going. We walked in and he just asked for something good and got the Ruben. I ordered the grilled tofu and hummus pita. The food was fantastic, the ambiance was chill, and the staff warm, and helpful. The prices are way reasonable. We're eating here again, and soon!

Pros: Fantastic food, Awsome service, Distinctive meals
csd1980
csd1980

Good Great Excellent

5 Posted on 07 / 12 / 2008

Simply the best restaurant in Pensacola, hands down. Beats all the other carnivorous joints in town.

Pros: All vegan, great menu, very friendly
Cons: long wait
aglenn0
aglenn0

Amazing Vegan Food!

5 Posted on 10 / 06 / 2007

If you are in Pensacola, make sure to stop by End of the Line cafe. This quaint and artsy coffe shop type cafe serves amazing vegan food. The Thursday night dinners and Sunday brunch are an absolute must! These three course meals consist of gourmet style food with a home cooked flair for an excellent price. You can't beat it! The three course meal always includes tea or coffee, soup, salad, several sides, a meatless main dish, and dessert all for under $10! The menu varies every week so you can go there on a regular basis without getting burnt on the food. Best kept secret in Pensacola!

Pros: Excellent food, Healthy cuisine, Good Value
Cons: Uninviting location
Guest
Guest

Pleasant Find

5 Posted on 01 / 18 / 2007

This has been my most favorite spot yet in Pensacola. They offer a great vegetarian menu including vegan friendly, tasty options. The prices are very reasonable and the staff is super willing to accomodate customers. The chill environment also seems to be an outlet for music and film screenings. I would encourage everyone to check out this all around high-quality dig.

Pros: Personable staff, Vegetarian inventions, enjoyable atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of End of the Line Cafe: