Take-out vegetarian restaurant on Winslow's main strip. Dishes are made from vegetables and soy protein. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Take-out only, Chinese, Vietnamese, Fast-food

First Review by maynard7
PaulHarder
PaulHarder

Wow, what a suprise.

4 Posted on 05 / 16 / 2014

10 years ago we were traveling around the Seattle area and were staying on Brigandage Isl. It is like a kiosk with tables around it (at least it was). The food was delicious. Lots of fresh ingredients and great attention paid to the preparation. I had Pad Kee Mao and my girlfriend had Pad See Ew. They were both delicious.

soph
soph

Cheap and Yummy

4 Posted on 10 / 24 / 2013

I eat their food all the time- you can call ahead and order for quick pick-up, or wait for a few minutes while they make the food (they are speedy). The food is not exactly fresh-cut-vegetables, but everything is vegan, and it fills you up at a very reasonable price. I always order #5, and I think it is only $6. Their thai iced tea is good, their kebabs are good, their fried rice is good. Very nice and friendly owners.

Pros: vegan, cheap, tasty
Cons: I don't know if it's organic
nancytravis
nancytravis

All the locals love Emmys

5 Posted on 09 / 16 / 2013

Our family has been eating at Emmys for about 10 years. Everything is vegan and her portions are large and a good value. Try her specials for more spicy options -- I love her number 10 salad and her lotus root salad with brown rice.

Pros: value and price, vegan all vegan!
Cons: no inside seating

Brooklyn
Brooklyn

Excellent, affordable vegan food on Bainbridge

5 Posted on 12 / 29 / 2010

Emmy's small booth provides a lot of taste and character to the island. Friendly staff, good selection and affordable prices.

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff
Cons: cold during winter
thoor_ballylee
thoor_ballylee

Cute little beat up kitchen serving veggie food

3 Posted on 08 / 29 / 2009

I have only eaten here once and it was during the lunch rush on Friday, and next time I am on Bainbridge Island I plan on stoping bye again. I had the tofu and eggplant with brown rice, number 11 and my wife had the number 7 the noodles and spring rolls which my daughter shared. We also had the mango drink for a buck. It is nice to eat at a veggie place, so that was great not to see meat or egg or milk products on the menu. The outside seating I thought was very nice, granted if it was cold and rainy might not be nice, but in the summer it was very nice. This is deffinately the place to stop off if you are in the area and are hungry, portions are on the slightly large side and prices I thought were comperable. I found our food to be rather oily, next time we'll ask for less oil or find other dishes that aren't so oily. This is my complaint at most Asian restaurants I go to, so I don't think that they are much off the norm on this account. My wife didn't feel that good after eating, but honestly I don't think the food was to blaim, she didn't really eat much. Over all I would say that as veggie Chinese food goes it's not bad, it is nice to know that there is no meat here and I know that they were rather rushed, so I'm sure the food is at times much better. I will definately go here again and check out some of the many other veggie options.

Pros: good veggie menu, in good weather outside seating is great
Cons: on par greasy chinese food, in bad weather outside is not good
Cascadian
Cascadian

Friendly folks & Tasty food!

4 Posted on 08 / 27 / 2009

Emmy's Vege House offers the best food I have had on the Olympic Peninsula, has reasonable prices (avergage entree $7-9) for the area it is in and is very convenient if you are en route to/from the ferry to Seattle. The quiet town of Winslow offers a pleasant, quick escape (and easily car-free!) from Seattle and Emmy's makes it all the better of an option for veg folks!

Pros: Tasty food, Good portion sizes, Friendly staff
Cons: Outdoor seating could be windy or wet, Not cheap (but not too bad)
kyagle
kyagle

My favorite!

5 Posted on 11 / 25 / 2007

I'm sad to hear the reviews of those who were disappointed with Emmy's. Everyone on Bainbridge loves it--even non-vegetarians. I've never thought it was bland at all, but if you're looking for something spicy or particulary flavorful, you should try one of the "specials." I love the sweet and sour "chicken" and their curries. Whether you're looking for a simple vegetarian meal or something slightly more flavorful, Emmy's is fabulous! They have big portions which are great for taking home, too.

Pros: cheap, fast, delicious
Cons: no indoor seating
maynard7
maynard7

Mediocre food

2 Posted on 11 / 08 / 2007

I was in the area on vacation, and this was the only veggie option I found on the island. It was basically a stir fry with tofu and veggies with brown rice. The food had very little flavor, and I wish they had spiced it up a bit. The portions are very large, but I would have preferred less food, but more flavorful food. You can eat there on the outside benches, or you can take it to go (maybe for the ferry ride back to Seattle). I think I would rather wait and eat at one of the places in Seattle if I had time.

Pros: Prices, Brown rice
Cons: Nearly flavorless
Guest
Guest

Really oily.

2 Posted on 07 / 12 / 2007

My husband and I visited Bainbridge Island over the fourth of July holiday, and the island itself was lovely. Unfortunately, there are not a lot of vegetarian options at the local restaurants. So after checking out everything else in the downtown area, we ended up getting take out at Emmy's. I got the veggie protein kebab with brown rice and vegetables. All of it was really oily, and the veggie protein tasted strange and overly salty. My husband got tofu, veggies, and brown rice. The tofu was similar to silken tofu, which is much too liquidy for a stir-fry. He threw most of his away also and said it was very bland. We ended up going to the nearby grocery store instead and having fresh fruit, veggies, and a baguette.

Pros: Cheap
Cons: Oily, Salty

Dear Owner and Manager of Emmy's Vege House: