Emma's Cantina Mexicana

Serves meat, veg options available. Offers several vegetarian choices, a few of which can be made vegan. Open Thur-Tue. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Mexican, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
Calle Teide 20, Puerto Del Carmen (Old Town)
Lanzarote, Canary Islands 35510
+34-928514154

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by EileenRichardson
Rio93
Rio93

Okay for vegans

Posted on 02 / 09 / 2015

I was really excited to come here but was sadly disappointed. I asked about vegan options and was told that the guacamole was vegan so ordered some along with my meal and whilst waiting for the food I read that the guacamole contained cream so called the waitress over to point it out and tell her not to serve it. This left me feeling a little angry and very uneasy about eating the meal as I was then wondering if they were serving me things that they thought were vegan when indeed they weren't. I am so lucky that I didn't eat the guacamole! I would be much happier if the people preparing my meal were more aware of what vegans do and don't eat. I ordered the potato and refried beans starter without the cheese which was delicious! But my main meal of enchiladas was in my view a child sized portion and I left feeling hungry and miffed! With there being a vegetarian and vegan restaurant just down the road from here (Blooming Cactus)then I would say just go there instead!

Side note: there were leather table cloths which made me feel yucky. Not sure if they were real or not though.. didn't really want to ask

Cons: Staff unsure of what vegans can eat, small portions, Guacamole NOT vegan
EileenRichardson
EileenRichardson

Tastiest in town

Posted on 01 / 02 / 2015

An oasis of flavour in a town of bland resort food. The menu has a whole separate vegetarian section - OK it consisted of veggie versions of all the Mexican staples, but it felt considerate, and fitted with the whole ambience of the place which was quietly welcoming and comfortable.

Pros: Veggie version of all dishes, Full of flavour, Pleasant service
Cons: Wine by the airline-sized bottle

Dear Owner and Manager of Emma's Cantina Mexicana: