Emma Pea Vegan Food and Bar

A colorful cafe and bar next to Cassiopeia. Food they offer is about 90% vegan. Offers daily changing in-house-made vegetarian and vegan food. Has wraps, falafel, small potatoes with spicy vegan sauces, vegan tapas and cakes. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, International, Beer/Wine
Revaler Strasse 99 (Warschauer Brucke)
Berlin, Germany 10245
01578-8440290

Open Tue-Thur 4pm-3am, Fri-Sat 4pm-6am, Sun 12pm-3am.

First Review by Vini
Veganissimo
Veganissimo

Hidden and surprising pearl

3 Posted on 07 / 27 / 2014

The place was a bit hard to find for us who have never been here before. Surrounding environment was wonderful with little details ( such as a wall painting of Darth Vader holding a paint roller and referring to Banksy).

Atmospheric and dusky place with candles and just a few tables which made it peaceful. More tables outside on both sides of terraces.

We ordered the Rohkost zucchini linguini (which resembled a volcano) and the portion was really tasty and stomach-filling. A true hidden gem.

Sheep furs were creepy and decreased comformity. Bathroom was repulsive and not in a cool and decent way.

Pros: Gluten-free options, Positive surprise, Surroundings
Cons: Not fully vegan, Sheep furs, Really untidy bathroom
Sternanis
Sternanis

Nice Bar and Food

4 Posted on 06 / 21 / 2014

Great place for late night snack with drinks since they are open till very late. Can be difficult to find though.. From the street, you have to go inside the gate into a dark large ground area where there are bar/club/rock climbing place and then turn left. Several vegan options such as tasty burritos, toastada (more like a thin pizza?), soups and sweets.

Pros: Open till late, tasty
Cons: Difficult to find, a little loud
Rhduthie
Rhduthie

Unbeatable

5 Posted on 05 / 04 / 2014

My favorite place in Berlin. Delicious food, amazing staff and lovely atmosphere. The food is cheap and filling and super tasty. A friend and I were staying nearby, and ate here almost every day. Incredibly warm and friendly staff, who seem to get along with every customer who walks in the door. We're already planning our next visit to Berlin just to eat some more of their vegan cakes!

warek
warek

Best place in Friedrichshain to eat out

5 Posted on 04 / 22 / 2014

In this price range this is my favorite place to eat out in Berlin and I have lived here for 10 years.
The dishes are super creative and delicious. They come up with something new every week and it's usually fantastic. The place is very cool and chilled, but often the dishes are so lovely presented that you might think you are sitting in a top notch restaurant.

I can recommend either one of the two main courses (around 6-8 Eur) or the oriental wrap. The sides like the Potatoes with Mojo are great as well.

They have freshly press red beet juice with ginger and apple juice. Besides that raw salads are a bit missing from the menu, but I heard they will change that soon :)

Pros: cool location, excellent food, open till late night
Cons: no raw food
Nikki1801
Nikki1801

Cool spot

4 Posted on 04 / 21 / 2014

Bumped in to this place by chance whilst exploring the R.A.W area by the railway....it's a bit hard to find if you're not a brave person! You will see Veganz supermarket on your left across the street...there are some metal stairs that appear to go down into an open/run down/graffiti area next to the railway. If you walk into this area and just keep following it down along the railway, you'll find pop-up shops, climbing, indoor skate park, bars and Emma's place. It's in a a railway carriage- fantastic atmosphere and extensive menu. We came here late so just grabbed drinks and a vegan chilli but it was good and the place was busy, so they must be doing things right :) They had vegan cakes on offer at the time.

Pros: atmosphere, cool location
Cons: hard to find

angdep
angdep

Yummy Burritos

5 Posted on 01 / 23 / 2014

This place is awesome: good food, friendly staff and cozy atmosphere. We ordered vegan burritos. The portion was goood, and it was some tasty burritos. If you tell them you want vegan, it's no problem they will make you a vegan version. The desserts were also good. We had the cherry poppy seed crumble cake that was excellent. We will defintely return. Oh, and they have an excellent beer on tap, the Andescher. It's one tasty beer.

Pros: Good value, Excellent food, Friendly staff
Cons: Limited seatings
vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

Great food, great atmosphere

4 Posted on 12 / 09 / 2013

Tried this restaurant for the first time recently, and I really enjoyed it.

I could not figure out how to know which items on the menu were vegan (no star or V or anything), so I just had to ask. I got the Malaysian curry with Rice, and it was amazing. Very good flavor, great ingredients. This was the most expensive item on the menu, 7,20€, but definitely worth it.

I would definitely go here again.

Pros: All veg
Cons: Vegan items not clearly labeled
losthighway
losthighway

Good spot

3 Posted on 08 / 19 / 2013

This is one of those places where the food quality varies so widely depending on who's cooking. Sometimes it's great tasting and a generous size, other times it's bland and tiny.

The menu changes regularly and is pretty creative. Not all the dishes work perfectly, but I like their attitude towards keeping things interesting.

The Gemüse wrap - which is always on the menu - is a good, solid option with plenty of fresh vegetables for a good price. I think it's about 3,50€ if my memory serves me correct.

They are always open pretty late, which is great. A good option in the area when other restaurants are closed.

• losthighway losthighway

I've got to update my review because they now serve the best vegan burger I've ever had in Berlin.
    At 8,50€ it's not cheap, but it's so worth it.

It's a beetroot patty on freshly baked bread with chipotle mayo, rucola, and caramelized onions with a side of wedges. Everything from the patty to the bread is made fresh in the kitchen.

The other food has been of a consistently higher quality the last few times I've been there too. The prices have also been raised, but IMO it's worth it.

Unfortunately I've been told the kitchen now closes at midnight, which is a damn shame.

daniellinor2
daniellinor2

Worth a visit

4 Posted on 05 / 11 / 2013

Emma pea is definitely worth a visit. Great atmosphere in a rough, cool area. Staff is charming and food was tasty. Cheap prices and great deserts!

necropalice
necropalice

Hardcore hidden gem.

3 Posted on 03 / 31 / 2013

Okay, fortune favours the bold, so don't be afraid to stride into the warehouse district that hides Emma Pea from the street. The reviews on here didn't really highlight how unique this little cafe/bar is at all, so I'm really glad we managed to find it.

The menus are written in English, the beers served cold and the atmosphere is great. It's a small, candlelit cafe with a graffiti-daubed bathroom and a separate late night bar. It's poky and intimate, with cheap and hearty Mexican-inspired cuisine. I also had a vegan slip up though - my burrito came with sour cream instead of guac. Not the end of the world and I normally wouldn't bother to flag something like this as the sour cream was served in a separate pot. I only mention it as another reviewer also had a problem with dairy sneaking its way onto her plate, so I suggest vegans be vocal about the fact, even if they're ordering a vegan dish.

Pros: cheap, great atmosphere, awesome interior
Cons: limited menu, limited seating, vegan slip ups
cmayr
cmayr

Small bistro with a Spanish flavour

4 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2012

This small place with some outdoor seating is not easily found unless you know your way around the R.A.W. area in Revaler Straße. If you are a tourist: the R.A.W. is "very Berlin", lots to see of the younger and more colourful side of town.
The place offers a relatively small selection of tapas, vegetable wraps, and changing main dishes, mostly vegetarian with vegan options.
Tapas and Wrap were tasty, a serving of Gnocchi as well, staff was very friendly and not at all times well-informed about the ingredients of the dishes on their menu.
We ended up with gnocchi we explicitly requested to be vegan that were generously sprinkled with parmesan cheese.
Food is fine and cheap, just always make sure that they know that you are vegan and that cheese is made from milk ;-)

Pros: cheap, colourful, good food
Cons: vegan options not clearly marked
wildfang
wildfang

Great place!

5 Posted on 03 / 13 / 2012

What a nice and relaxed little bistro. Very good Spanish style bistro food at very fair rates, mostly vegan. A pitty they don't open earlier.

Vini
Vini

great late-night vegan food!

5 Posted on 11 / 10 / 2011

I stepped out of the climbing gym when I noticed this small restaurant. It has a cute style matching the location and the food was excellent! I might have never eaten such good vegan food for so little money.

Pros: tasty food, friendly staff, local ingredients

Dear Owner and Manager of Emma Pea Vegan Food and Bar:

Thank you for being a Plus FRIEND supporter.

There are more ways to promote your business on HappyCow, including:

1. Advertise your large, custom banner on the Berlin page, or any other regional page
  2. Upgrade to Premium FRIEND status to get a Spotlight Feature in HappyCow's popular e-Newsletter, MooZine. You'll also get generous discounts on any additional advertising

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2014/06/05