Small menu. Note that cheese is not vegan. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Western
41 Griffin Rd (North Curl Curl, Sydney Northern Beaches)
Curl Curl, New South Wales 2099
02-99391317

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Sami
karenmcgregor
karenmcgregor

Surfsational nut loaf

Posted on 09 / 02 / 2011

A vegetarian oasis in the northern beaches!

Fantastic service, friendly staff and warm welcoming atmosphere. This is vegetarian food northern beaches style with salty haired surfer girls and guys serving delicious food. A huge beach mural fills one wall so you feel like you can almost hear the surf which is just a few dunes away. It's casual, fun and vegetarian with some good vegan options available. A great place to end a day at the beach.

We loved the vegan nut loaf and will go back just for that - delicious!

Pros: Friendly staff, Nut loaf
secondhandrose
secondhandrose

Not Going Back

Posted on 08 / 03 / 2011

Very disappointing. It was one of those restaurants where you felt that even if a friend had served you this muck at an informal dinner party, you would not have been impressed! There really is no excuse for inferior 'cooking' when it's a restaurant that charges clients professional prices. The portions were meagre, the food luke warm (most likely re-heated in their microwave) and the produce was of very poor quality. I felt ill after dining there. It's upsetting as there are so few veg*n friendly restaurants in the north of Sydney and this could easily turn people off going veg*n. My friend and I didn't stay long and I definitely will not be going back again.

thelink
thelink

Ok if you happen to be in the area

Posted on 09 / 20 / 2010

We happened to be at Sydney's Northern Beaches last weekend so after wanting to try Emelia's for years we finally managed to go there.

I don't know why I thought that Emelia's was an upmarket restaurant. It turns out Emelia's is a small cosy low key cafe.

Emelia's is only open for dinner but the menu is more suited for a daytime / lunch place. The menu offers a couple of soups, a few "main courses" and various burgers and wraps.

Vegan options are very limited and none of the cakes offered for dessert were vegan, which was quite disappointing. The vegan dishes are not marked on the menu and the waitress had to ask the kitchen staff which dishes were vegan.

We had the pumpkin soup and the nut loaf which tasted ok but I've had much better vegan cafe style food in other places before. The nut loaf as a main dish set us back $17 dollars, which is quite expensive for what you get. The soup was $6 which was ok.

I've heard that Emelia's is often quite packed but we went there on a Saturday night and the place was mostly empty. The staff were very friendly but the timing of the food wasn't good. We had barely started to eat our soups when they already served the main courses.

Emelia's is a cash only cafe, which is quite inconvenient as the premises are in the middle of nowhere - there are no ATMs nearby.

A meal at Emelia's is ok if you happen to be on the Northern beaches but I wouldn't travel across Sydney specifically just to go there.

Updated from previous review on Monday September 20, 2010

nikolieau
nikolieau

Try the nut loaf

Posted on 09 / 04 / 2010

I've eaten at Emelia's on a few occasions and so far my favourite choice has been the carrot and nut loaf which comes with a lentil sauce or a toamto sauce. I ask for a both! It comes with a salad with alfalfa sprouts. It's tasty & filling and good value.

I recall also ordering wraps which were good too.

It's not licensed so if you want some wine/beer with your dinner you can pop around the corner to the bottle shop but they do close at 8pm so watch the clock.

Pros: Local, Good value, Healthy
Cons: Can get busy , Service can be hit & miss
Sami
Sami

RENNET ALERT!!

Posted on 04 / 17 / 2008

Just wanted to alert pure vegetarians that Emelia's DO NOT USE VEGETARIAN CHEESE.

Dear Owner and Manager of Emelia's: