They have a few vegan spreads such as the mint fava bean and caramelized hummus that you can buy separately. They only have one bagel that's vegan and their pretty small. This is a good place to go with a non-vegan person, otherwise I personally wouldn't go here on my own.
the "vegan" bagels (though I think some honey is used in cooking) are the whole wheat bagels; the rest of the bagels have eggs. They ww was a bit grainy but I enjoyed it. The hummus is caramelized onion, they have a red pepper hummus, a fig compote, a fava - mint spread all which were vegan as well as some obvious dairy based schmears. The coffee was really nice. They have their own crosswords they make in-house as well. Cool spot, sweet people, great interior. I know they are going to do their thing which is cool but maybe making all their bread vegan would be a nice shift. I liked it and will go when I jones a nosh.Pros: good people, vegan spreads are great, coffee
Cons: not truly vegan bagels
Glad to see bagels are making a comeback. They were tasty & the place was hopping! Several spreads to choose from, the usual cream cheese spreads plus some vegan ones. Some of the bagels were on the small side, but the price was reasonable. I definitely plan on going back, & next time trying the soups & salads. BTW, don't use the restroom .. the new carpet glue in the hallway was so strong/toxic, it burned our eyes!Pros: rewards card
- Link to this page from your site. Entry info.
- Return to Seattle Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
- Business Owners, if you see an unfair review, read this.
- Why was my review removed? - details
- Reviews are not endorsed by HappyCow - review terms
- Has Eltana closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
- This page has been viewed 1067 times since Jan 2013.