Ellen's Stardust Diner

Serves meat, veg options available. Has vegan choices such as shepherd's pie, pastas, salads, desserts. A fun retro 1950s theme diner filled with nostalgic memorabilia. Watch 1950s videos on authentic 1956 Predicta televisions and drive-in theatre screen. Unique diner also features a singing waitstaff and variety shows. Loud atmosphere due to singing and customers applauding. Free wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Take-out, Non-veg

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by davidkim
JonJon
JonJon

Vegan-friendly: A must for this unique atmosphere!

4 Posted on 08 / 31 / 2014

I've been there with a friend of mine living in NY and I was not disappointed. Apart from the food, the place and the principle of singing and dancing waiters/waitresses is great! They are so good! Eating here will offer you a very nice show on Broadway. And you can eat vegan American food!

In terms of food, I took a vegan burger (Jack Lalanne) that was delicious and generous. There were also other vegan options but I didn't try them. The service was really nice and if it was a little expensive for a burger, the whole experience worths the cost.

Pros: really good vegan options, great vibes!, service, location, singing staff
Cons: not cheap
davidkim
davidkim

Great start to our day !!

4 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2014

I took my daughter to the city on 8/16/14 for her birthday. The restaurant was exactly where it was supposed to be, a short walk from Grand Central. At 11:00 am there was a big line, but it was handled well and we were seated quickly. LOVED the place. Typical offerings for the vegan, quinoa, black bean burger, but it was good with fresh, well prepared veggies. My Daughter, when given the chance, will eat anything and she wasn't disappointed. Atmosphere was very fun and I will return to show my wife next time we get a chance to go. Two sandwiches and two coffees with tip....$50

Dear Owner and Manager of Ellen's Stardust Diner: