Serves meat, veg options available. Formerly Sunfood Cafe, a vegetarian restaurant, now no longer all vegetarian since June 2008. Has some vegetarian dishes. Price: Moderate more-less
Non-veg
743 Railway Ave (Main St, Boardwalk Bldg)
Canmore, Alberta
403-609-2613

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by jd6
milie
milie

Yum!

Posted on 08 / 16 / 2014

Hands down one of the best vegan meals I've had in my lifetime. We had saffron mushrooms and ras el-hanout rice and could have picked other options. The spices were so delicately balanced, it was a true feast! We went in the middle of the afternoon on a Friday. The dishes were clearly marked (they have a bit of everything, meat, vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, etc.)

Go Veg
Go Veg

Healthy and Delicious!

Posted on 06 / 30 / 2012

I have visited this place three times over the past two months. I have tried five vegetarian dishes and have been quite satisfied with the volume as well as the quality of the dishes. Among all, I love the pasta which has various kinds of spices. Victor and Lana were very friendly and they always greeted us with a big smile. We will return for sure.

veggiebear
veggiebear

No Sunfood Cafe.

Posted on 10 / 24 / 2010

At the location, there is a restaurant which I believe is called Elita (it was also listed as Sunfood Cafe on the hotel's restaurant guide, but that's not what it says on the building.)

It is not a completely vegetarian menu, half of the menu is vegetarian and half have meat, with each having 7 choices. The food was fairly good, but it was a bit expensive. Not the best atmosphere either.

Pros: good food
Cons: only half veggie, small menu, not greatest atmosphere

Amanda  Chan
Amanda Chan

Delicious!

Posted on 05 / 22 / 2010

My husband and I have been to Elita twice in the past few months and we were very impressed with the quality of food that was provided. We have tried four dishes and each has been wonderful. The flavours are brought out in each dish - this is not a restaurant for those that enjoy bland food. There is a great selection of vegetarian dishes from the menu and the chefs are able to adapt meat dishes to suit your diet. We will definitely be back!

Pros: flavourful food, good selection, different types of cuisine
Cons: off the main road
jd6
jd6

Not open & rude staff

Posted on 09 / 01 / 2009

Wasn't open at 4pm on a Saturday?! Guess they don't need the business. We went to see if it was open a staff member rudely snapped "we're closed!" at us! Definitely would not return!

Cons: Rude staff, Not open

Dear Owner and Manager of Elita: