Serves meat, veg options available. Burger place with vegan veggie burger option. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

Mon-Sat 11:00am-9:30pm, Sun 11:00am-7:00pm

First Review by veggiefox
veggiefox
veggiefox

burgers and fries for veggies and omnis

Posted on 08 / 30 / 2012

This is a traditional burger and fries place with a difference: options of quality ingredients. You can get a veggie burger and even a vegan veggie burger, and with enough choices of toppings that you can make it different every time. I found the bun unimpressive, but otherwise, this is as good as any veggie burger I've had.

They also offer meat burgers, but they advertise that their meat is all free-range and organic, so even your refuse-to-try-veg friends will reduce the suffering of the animals they eat.

Interestingly, they also have a menu item called "the Half the Guilt Burger" with two patties: a veggie patty and a beef one. I have no idea whether this sells, but if there's a market for that, there you go.

The french fries are good and greasy. They advertise that they're fried in olive oil, so I guess they're healthier than other places' greasy fries, and I assume vegan, but I did not investigate that.

Complaints:

My only complaint is that they don't do more. I wish they would offer a vegan milk shake (smoothies and fries?) and maybe offer some vegan cheese for the burgers and vegan versions of other toppings like mayo. I also wish the list of toppings told us which ones were vegan.

Otherwise, I can't complain. They do offer soda (and free refills, so if dining in, buy the smaller size cup to save money and drink all you want). A decent meal for a decent price, in a place where vegans and their refuse-to-try-vegan buddies can eat together without anyone feeling too left out.

Pros: Good veggie burger, delicious fries, cheap eats
Cons: small portions, menu does little to ID vegan options

Dear Owner and Manager of Elevation Burger: