Elemi Cafe Bar Bistro...

Veggie restaurant. Lunchtime menu features wraps, salads, sandwiches, juices, veggie burger, and smoothies. Also an extensive evening menu. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Spanish, Western, Beer/Wine, Take-out
Local 2B Edificio Puertosol 3a, Avenida del Carmen
Estepona, Spain 29680
+34-951-273885

Open Mon 12.00-16.30, Tue-Fri 11.30-18.00, Sat-Sun 12.00-16.00.

First Review by sarahsvati
morado luna 22
morado luna 22

I wish there was a branch in Gibraltar

5 Posted on 06 / 24 / 2013

Elemi is excellent value for money - we tend to go for the menu of the day and have never been disappointed! We come away full and contented. Our port in the storm in meat orientated Spain! Wish there was an Elemi in Gibraltar!

Pros: No dead animals on the premises!, Value and taste, veggie port in meat orientated spain
Cons: Not in Gibraltar
Jalebi Boy
Jalebi Boy

Satisfying lunch

4 Posted on 04 / 23 / 2013

Ate lunch there with a friend 7 Feb. 2013. I had lentil casserole. This place was a treat, as we could eat something different than is typically available in Spain at a café. It's very near [one block away] the Estepona Marina.

Pros: They have outside tables too.
ColInMarbella
ColInMarbella

Huge Disappointment

2 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2012

We went to this restaurant because of the reviews and being vegetarian. We went twice just to make sure. We went for lunch one day and we both had wraps. They were nice but nice is it really, I wouldn't say anything special. Our main problem was the price. It was 7.95 EUR for each wrap and that is literally all you got - a wrap (and not a lot of filling). There was no side salad, chips not even a few crisps so for 7.95 EUR value for money was definitely not there.
So, we decided to give dinner a go and now we have decided not to go again. I had the veggie burger and it came with chips and salad. So for 6.95 EUR that seems ok but the burger was on the verge of being burnt and quite small and the burger and the chips had a massive overdose of salt. My wife had the cheese and veg quesadilla for 7.95 EUR - a bit pricy for a quesadilla with a bit of salad and she ordered chips on the side. The quesadilla really used the wrong cheese and was very salty and the chips tasted like that had fallen into the salt and rolled around.
On the plus side, the starters were good. The spring rolls and the hummus brochetta.
We are here for 2 months and very likely not to go back. If you are here outside of July and August go to Vegetalia in Los Boliches. It's fantastic.

Pros: Nice location, Veggie, Starters good
Cons: Very Salty, Not good value for money, Staff - OK

Nathan
Nathan

A jewel in southern Spain!

4 Posted on 08 / 02 / 2011

I ate here twice during my stay in Estepona (April 2011). It's a fantastic little place offering a good variety of vegetarian and vegan options. It's a true jewel in the heart of southern Spain - the land of pork!

Matt Saunders
Matt Saunders
  • non-vegetarian

Lovely food and a true passion for what they do

5 Posted on 06 / 08 / 2011

We stayed in the Costa Del Sol in June 2011, in Estepona and we found the Elemi cafe bar just outside the port/marina in Estepona.
The food and drink here is fantastic. So much so that we actually ate here every day during our stay! (a combination of breakfast, lunch or dinner).
On our first visit we had the goat's cheese salad, which was gorgeuos, along with two fresh juices (mine was a beetroot, apple and ginger one) and we shared a smoothie at the end.
The food really is incredibly tasty. We had a chat to the owner whilst we were there and he told us that everything is made fresh on the day and they source local, high quality ingredients. It does show because we really couldn't fault the food and drink.
The choice is great too. There are so many choices that, even after eating there for a week, we still came away having only really tried about 10% of the menu. We didn't even try the menu del dia, which is 3 courses for 8.95 Euros.
As you can probably tell, we love our food! :o)
I wouldn't know what to recommend to anyone as we didn't have anything that we didn't like! We tried three different wraps (the moroccan, lebanese and the los angeles), the roasted vegetables sandwich, the roasted vegetables plate (this is very large!), the goat's cheese salad and the Elemi salad. For breakfast we tried the Andalucian breakfast which is tomatoes with olive oil on toast (the bread is of course home-made wholemeal bread and is out of this world), we also tried the porridge (with fruit on top!), muesli (with fruit and drizzled with honey!) as well as coffee and pretty much every juice on the menu.
I'd definitely recommend anyone to go there and try it and we are definitely going back there when we go to the Costa Del Sol again.
I think they were possibly changing their opening times in the future so they might even be open in the evenings too (I notice their website has changed the times to the evening as well).
Whoever goes to Elemi I hope you have a great experience!
Thanks a lot,
Matt
Ps. I forgot to say that all this food was vegetarian and I am not a vegetarian. I never came away thinking that it was good but would have been better with meat (which I have thought before in some places I've tried). The Quorn pieces in some of the wraps were beautifully marinated.
Pss. Also, we are true food lovers and the food portions at Elemi were very large so we always left very contented!

Pros: excellent food, great value, lovely staff
Guest
Guest

absolutely fantastic

5 Posted on 01 / 16 / 2011

The Elemi Cafe is worth the trip from Gibraltar. It's a joy to eat there, so wonderful to have veggie choices - especially in Spain! Thank you for being there!

veganperson
veganperson

Elemi Cafe on BBC2 programme

5 Posted on 09 / 07 / 2009

It was great to see Elemi Cafe being featured on BBC 2 Television's "Living in the Sun" programme today. The cafe looks really inviting, the owners look very friendly and the food looks absolutely delicious. It was great publicity for the vegetarian and vegan diet and I will definitely visit if I'm in this area of Spain.

Jo Kay
Jo Kay

Veg-tastic!!

5 Posted on 08 / 23 / 2009

This little restaurant was wonderful. I honestly can't fault it in any way at all.
I went there with my carnivorous parents and we all thoroughly enjoying our meal.
To nosh on we ordered a garlic flatbread, then i had a generous size portion of smoked tofu and noodle salad with spicy peanuts in a lovely dressing, it really was scrummy, very flavourful and served warm which was perfect for the temperature of the day.For most of the dishes you could either choose a large or small size portion (5.95 or 8.75 Euros). My mum had a goats cheese salad, with perfectly cooked cheese, crispy on top and soft in the middle, it came with a variety of veg, walnuts and dressing...served as a salad, and my Dad had a vegi lasagne and potato wedges.
Inside the restaurant were a few homemade cakes, vegi but not vegan...but the very helpful chef said they did have a vegan carrot cake, apple crumble and some vegan ice creams, so my mum and i shared a large dish of vegan vanilla ice cream with chocolate and caramel sauce and crushed vegan cookies.....sooooo yummy!!!
The staff were very helpful and friendly, and i would most definitely recommend it to everybody.
The menu is varied enough not to get bored of the selection and their is a "menu of the day" for just 8.75.
They do tapas, wraps, sandwiches, baked potatoes...a whole variety.
IMPORTANT INFO:our sat-nav took us to the wrong place. The cafe is actually on the left as you are facing the entrance of Estepona port. It's easy to spot as the sign is green and right next to the Elemi Beauty Salon, also green.

Pros: Varied menu, Delicious food, Friendly staff
Cons: closed in evenings
LEE-MORGAN
LEE-MORGAN

Fantastic Vegetarian & Vegan Restaurant

5 Posted on 09 / 21 / 2008

My partner and I ate at Elemis twice, even though we were staying 10 kilometres away, it was well worth the journey.
The staff there were very polite and attentive, which for me is a must anyway. The menu had many mouth-watering meals
and I found it hard to choose from as they all sounded appetizing. I had the Quorn in the Moroccan sauce which was absolutely delicious & mp partner had the Italian wrap.
Even though my parner is not Vegeterian he said that he could eat there every day of the week as the food was simply delicious. I would highly recommend this restaurant, not just to Veggies or Vegans but to just go and try it for yourself (even if you are a meat-eater)
If we travel to Spain again we would definately go again. I only wish there was a Vegetarian restaurant where I live in Macclesfield, Cheshire.... but no such luck!

Pros: Good value for money, good size portions, Delicious food
Cons: -, -, -
yvettehull
yvettehull

Vegetarian oasis in Southern Spain!

5 Posted on 12 / 03 / 2007

This is a superb vegetarian restaurant in an otherwise meat-obsessed region of Spain! We have eaten both lunch and dinner here and were delighted with the extensive and imaginative menu. We tried the very tastey wraps and paninis for lunch in the pleasant outside eating area.
The restaurant in the evening has a lovely atmostphere with stylish decor and cool music. We went for dinner with friends (two of them non-vegetarian), and each of us tried a different dish - all of which were delicious. There was a good range of wine on the menu with some organic choices. Our waitress couldn't have been more friendly or helpful and our bill was very reasonable.
All in all we give this restaurant 10 out of 10!
PS - Its closed all day Monday!

Pros: Extensive menu, friendly staff, lovely atmostphere
sarahsvati
sarahsvati

Delicious food! Plenty of vegan choices

5 Posted on 11 / 12 / 2007

This is a great little restaurant. They have wraps and salads, though I never tried any - I was too busy eating from their changing daily menu. The waitress and chef were able to tell me what was vegan. I had plenty to chose from, all with a great variety of fresh vegetables. I only wish they had more vegan desserts!

Pros: Tasty food, Plenty of vegan options, Lots of veggies
Cons: Almost no vegan desserts

Dear Owner and Manager of Elemi Cafe Bar Bistro Vegetariano: