Elements Restaurant

Serves meat, veg options available. Fine dining hotel restaurant and bar on the beach. Offers a separate vegan/vegetarian menu with vegan items labeled plus a large salad bar with many vegan choices. Located in Bucuti and Tara Beach Resort, Aruba's adult-only beach resort. Price: Expensive more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Organic, International, Western, Salad bar, Non-veg

Michael X. James
Michael X. James

Perfect. Just Perfect.

4 Posted on 01 / 01 / 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Marriot Surf Club and made a reservation to have the Prix Fixe sunset dinner in a private palapa on the beach. They only have two seatings each night (6pm & 8:30pm) for each of their 4 palapas so if you're interested in this option, make reservations early. When we called we specified that we are both vegan (my gf is also GF...gluten free) and we were both told that it'd be no problem at all. Unfortunately when we arrived and mentioned this to our server, we were told that nobody had informed the chef. Nevertheless, Chef Vanessa came out to us on the beach and was extremely helpful and accommodating. She came up with a few ideas and ran them by us and we were delighted with every thing she said.

Our first course was an arugula risotto. It was amazing! I don't particularly like arugula but this was delicious. The second course was our least favorite of the night. Carrot Ginger soup for me, Cauliflower soup for her. Both are said to be vegan on the menu but they must alter them a little because ours were rather bland and flavorless. Not terrible, just nothing we'd ever get again nor recommend. Third was the arugula and fresh berry salad with a raspberry vinaigrette. It was great! In fact we both ate it way too fast and totally forgot to take a picture of it. Fourth was our palate cleanser...mango sorbet. It was so creamy that we were questioning whether or not it was actually vegan. Chef Vanessa was too knowledgeable about the vegan lifestyle to have let us down though. Our fifth course was the main course. I got the whole wheat pasta with roasted veggies and tomatillo...it was really good. My gf got the quinoa stuffed pineapple which was both amazing and unique! It looked like it was baked and showed looking like a whole pineapple with a balsamic drizzle on the side...then the waiter carried a ladle of fire and flambed the top. It was fun to watch and to eat. Finally we had some chocolate covered strawberries that were very good. They weren't on the menu and Chef Vanessa came up with it just for us.

Overall it really was the perfect dinner. The prix fixe dinner also comes with a bottle of wine of your choice and worked out to be about $147 (15% tip included...but we threw in some more for all their accommodating). The views and the food are spectacular. They took pics for us right at sunset and everything. I can't wait to go back again next year!

Pros: Vegan, gluten free options, Location right on the beach, Super friendly staff
Cons: The soup was a little bland, Can get expensive

Dear Owner and Manager of Elements Restaurant: