Books and drinks cafe offering a menu of smoothies and juices, light vegan food and raw food. Has salads, sandwiches and wraps with Daiya cheese, raw soups, smoothies with house-made almond mylk or cashew mylk. Vegan except for honey option in drinks. Atmosphere is very casual. Parking on street or in back. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Raw, Juice bar, Take-out
7564 W Sunset Blvd (Curson)
Los Angeles, California 90046

veganchoochoo
veganchoochoo

Good french toast!

Posted on 05 / 10 / 2015

Friendly staff. Chill vibe. The french toast and iced coffee was amazing. I sat outside on the back patio and thought it was really relaxing.

FranceskaLynne
FranceskaLynne

Delicious and friendly!!

Posted on 05 / 27 / 2013

This is a lovely little place in West Hollywood, kind of hard to see from the road, but so worth the trip! The food is amazing, they have a great menu, and the guy who waited on me was the happiest, friendliest server I have ever encountered!! Try the soups, they are all amazing!! Everything is great here - wish I lived closer!!

Pros: Super-friendly staff, Excellent menu
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

I wish I had read the reviews a year ago, awesome!

Posted on 02 / 12 / 2012

I don't know what took me over a year to make it to Elderberries! We went today, on a Sunday during live Jazz! There was an amazing two piece, guy on guitar and fabulous female singer, they were amazing. There was a gallery showing and the place was packed. If I had known about the free parking in back I'd have been here sooner, too! I wish I had read all the great info on here. There is a cute outdoor seating area in the back, and a bar on the inside and cozy seating area beyond that where the Sunday Jazz band plays. Despite being slammed with the gallery/jazz performance everyone was extremely attentive to us and catered to our oil-free vegan needs. They give you samples of the soup, prepare everything out in the open with plastic gloves. The raw chili sandwich is pretty darn fantastic! We also had the Mary Jane date shakes. My new Sunday spot!

Pros: great service, cool atmosphere, jazz Sunday

Chia
Chia

Mellow vibe, healthy food

Posted on 01 / 06 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow and have eaten here once. Here's my Elderberries review.

From the raw friendly and vegan friendly menu I ordered a smoothie ($6) with added E3Live ($2) and a tempeh sandwich ($8). Both were delicious.

The atmosphere is very causal and artsy with large mural paintings. The feel is more like a cafe for reading and hangout rather than a restaurant.

Pros: friendly owner, healthy food
misspurpleann
misspurpleann

A delicious brunch/ great vibe

Posted on 11 / 18 / 2010

The ladies were super friendly when we came for brunch on my first day in LA. The place is lovely, nicely decorated & has a pavement and parking terrace. There's a free parking in the back. I had a yummy smoothie with an extra shot of flaxseed as maca powder wasn't available. The breakfast burrito was delicious and satisfied my appetite, I didn't have any space (sadly) for a brownie... Highly recommended!

Pros: Decoration, Friendliness, Choice
Rawmeo
Rawmeo
  • raw

Less than desirable / Sketchy

Posted on 03 / 18 / 2010

The service was not good here. There was nobody eating in the establishment when I got there and it still took the server a long while to notice me. They were out of many of the ingredients in dishes. In the smoothie I ordered, they were out of hemp protein. The server recommended chia seeds and then charged me a dollar extra at the end (without telling me upfront). I payed with a twenty dollar bill, but was only given the change back as if I had payed with a ten dollar bill. When I told the server about this, he walked away from me. Additionally, the server didn't know if the food was raw or cooked. I would not recommend this restaurant.

Pros: vegan, location
Cons: bad service, social skills, sketchy
zdenka111
zdenka111

Love it

Posted on 01 / 22 / 2010

This is very cute litle spot to hang while keeping healthy lifestyle.
Have great books , homemade almond milk ,
and they just got coffee!!!
And have also great teas.
At ight you can bring your own bole of vine or so :)
Have comedy sand us on fridays
Reiki healer other days
...

Pros: Health, cozy
quarrygirl
quarrygirl

Best service ever, great potential

Posted on 12 / 04 / 2009

i went to elderberries this week and was blown away by the service. The owner remembered my name from one time when i stopped by and didn't eat, and she offered me sample after sample of amazing food. the place is almost entirely vegan (save for a honey mix-in for drinks), and the sweet creations they make are incredible. they also have daiya cheese, the best vegan cheese ever in the world....so bonus points for that.
i am looking forward to them expanding their menu.

Pros: great service, serves daiya, amazing sweets
Cons: inconsistent hours, small menu

Dear Owner and Manager of Elderberries Cafe: