CLOSED: El Tabule...

Concise menu with usually one or two dish of the day. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Spainsh, Beer/Wine
Benito Perez Galdós, 52
Alicante, Spain
965-133445

Open Wed-Sat 13.30-16.00, 21.00-23.00.

First Review by cm
meripelis
meripelis

Only vegetarian available

Posted on 06 / 24 / 2012

I've been once for dinner, and I enjoyed the meal, but there is no doubt they are taking advantage of being the only option in Alicante city at these hours (the other two restaurants open only for lunch). The menu is closed, and has little options (choosing between two 1st, two 2nds). You can check it in advance if you need a translator(wwww.tabule.es). The atmosphere is nice. 18€ is not too much, but 15€ would be more fair considering what you receive.

Pros: Atmosphere, Food
Cons: Very little options, Bit expensive
RosaLeaver
RosaLeaver

El Tabule, Alicante City

Posted on 05 / 05 / 2012

Just returned from lunching at El Tabule Restaurant, Alicante it's a lovely restaurant, great decor, staff friendly and accommodating and the food good. They offer a set Lunch menu with a 'trademark' Bloody Mary appetizer (virgin, so suited us), followed by starter, salad, main course, dessert, bread and a drink included in the price of 18 euro. Visually the sizes looked small but were actually more than sufficient. There were two choices of Starter, Main and Dessert. The chaps chose Taboule, and we had Cream of white bean soup. Main's were Soya burger (chaps chose this and said it was nice and spicy) served on Olive bread, or a 'casserole' of bulgar wheat and vegetables in a herby (and tasty) tomato sauce. Dessert choices were a cold fruit 'drink' strawberry flavour or Creme Catalana, which was very flavoursome. All the dishes were beautifully presented and visually appealing. One of us had a glass of wine, one two Cokes and three waters as well the whole meal came to 78 euro. For a city it didn't seem too OTT price wise and the whole experience was very pleasant. Be aware if you are not a Spanish speaker, take a phrase book - this should definitely not be considered a down side, after all it is in Spain!

Pros: Good Food, Friendly Staff, Healthy Cuisine
Cons: Portions visually small, A little outside of the City Centre, Week Day specials
veganaurora
veganaurora

Take your phrasebook

Posted on 04 / 20 / 2009

I thought it was only right that I was in Spain and the menu was in Spanish and the waiter spoke Spanish. This restaurant, tucked away down the back streets and with mainly Spanish customers, I felt was an authentic, refined Spanish eating experience (thankfully excluding the meat!). But I definitely recommend a phrasebook if you don't speak Spanish.
There is only the set menu. If you are vegan, make sure you say because when my partner and I went the set menu was vegetarian and several of the choices were not vegan. But that said, the chef accommodated us and we had a nice meal which for 18Euros wasn't bad at all. Even though the desserts which we couldn't have looked delicious, the chef made us a fresh strawberries and fruit dish - If only I had taken my phrasebook I could have asked what on earth was in the slightly spicy/sweet sauce.

Pros: friendly staff, sophisticated feel, good value
Cons: main bit unimaginative (stuffed pepper)

cm
cm

Great food and service

Posted on 07 / 27 / 2008

Went to El Tabule twice this week while staying in Alicante. The 5-course menu is great value at 18 euros and the food was the tastiest we'd had in any restaurant there. The menu was different each time we went, and included things like cream of onion soup, stuffed capsicum, spinach pastry, great salads. It's located about a 15-minute walk from the centre of the old town so is not in the main tourist strip, but is well worth the walk.

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: El Tabule Restaurante Vegetariano: