El Sano Banano Village Hotel

Located on the main street in the heart of Montezuma, this hotel features 12 comfortable rooms that are economically priced just a few moments from the major attractions and beaches. Guests may also use the facilities at Ylang Ylang Beach Resort. more-less

First Review by Pura Vida Pantry
happycowgirl
happycowgirl

Great Location, Wonderful Vibe

4 Posted on 10 / 14 / 2014

First, let me admit that I did not stay at the hotel but I'm writing this review because I wished I did. During my 3 days in Montezuma, I ate every single meal at El Sano Banano restaurant because the food was so good! If you stay at their hotel, their delicious breakfasts are included. I got to know many members of the staff during my time here and all were outstanding.

Not only is the food geared toward vegans and vegetarians, they recycle everything under the sun, there are environmentally themed signs around, the outdoor dining in the rear garden is lovely, the photos at the entrance staircase the the hotel pay homage to the environmental founders and wildlife preservationists of the area. In short, the vibe is amazing.

The rooms at El Sano Banano are very plain and simple. But they're air conditioned! While in Montezuma, I stayed at Agua Vista which is deep in the forest a few miles up the hill. It was phenomenal during the day but miserable at night. Agua Vista has no air conditioning and you can't open the windows at night b/c the coatamundis (raccoon-type animals) break in through the screens not to mention the local robbers who break into hotel rooms at night to steal anything from passports, iPhones to clothes. In sum, the rooms at El Sano Banano might be small, but they're air conditioned, secure and centrally located. You can walk to all the restaurants, the beach, small grocery store, take a cab to the parks, book tour right downstairs and every night there is a free movie with dinner.

Pura Vida Pantry
Pura Vida Pantry

Centrally Located

3 Posted on 02 / 09 / 2013

Right in the heart of town. Small, clean rooms but very noisy b/c of location.

Pros: Location , Clean
Cons: Pricey, Noisy

Dear Owner and Manager of El Sano Banano Village Hotel: