El Sano Banano Restaurant

Serves meat, veg options available. This cafe is part of the El Sano Banano Village Hotel. Menu includes vegan sushi, veggie curry, local dishes, fruit smoothies and juices, salads. Nightly movies shown. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Costa Rican, Non-veg

First Review by teal_ocean
aisawesome
aisawesome

vegan fajias = heaven

4 Posted on 06 / 16 / 2013

Came here I think 3 times while in Montezuma. The waiters were so nice and the service was great. All 3 times I had the same meal because it was SO AMAZING! I thought about trying other things but I just couldn't resist getting this meal again and again because it was so good.

vegan fajitas. one of my favorite meals in all of Costa Rica.

pablocollier
pablocollier

Just what we expected!

4 Posted on 12 / 20 / 2012

Went out of our way to drive to Montezuma to eat at Sano Banano! We ordered the Vegetarian fajitas and "Casado". They
were great....didn't expect anything less.Go!

Pros: neat place, friendly staff
Cons: parking is dubious
adamrowland
adamrowland

A must if you're in Montezuma

4 Posted on 05 / 19 / 2012

El Sano Banano is in the centre of Montezuma and is affiliated with the fantastic Ylang Ylang Beach Resort just further down the beach. Our taxi dropped us off here on the way to Ylang Ylang and we decided to have lunch before heading to the resort.

The menu is large with a good amount of veg and vegan options all clearly labelled. The menu has a good variety of traditional Costa Rican dishes and lots of delicious juices and ice-blended teas, lemonades and smoothies. (I'd really recommend the Ice-blended lemonade with ginger for a really refreshing midday drink!)

On the 2 occasions we ate here I had Catacones (fried plaintain patties served with refried beans, salsa and guac). Absolutely delicious! Really fresh and tasty - but the portions are very big! Be warned if you only want a light lunch :)

I also tried the heart of palm salad which came with a delicious basil dressing. My partner had the quesadillas - again he said they were superb but a massive portion!!

The food is very good quality but on the pricey side compared to other places in Montezuma (but worth it when you consider the portions, quality and service) - $15-$20 for entrees and $8-$15 for salads and lighter bites.

The service is imeccably polite and attentive. Seating is either on the porch fronting the bustling main street, at the back under the palm trees (good for iguana spotting!) or inside in their comfortable restaurant.

Definitely try this place if you're in beautiful Montezuma!

Pros: Good food, Attentive Service, Centre of town
Cons: Huge portions, Pricer compared to other places
veganstastebetter
veganstastebetter

best option in montezuma

4 Posted on 02 / 15 / 2012

We ate here several times during the week we stayed in Montezuma. There are several vegan options for myself. My girlfriend had her meat options. The restaurant does not serve red meat. Only chicken and seafood. I had banana pancakes, scrambled tofu, fruit salads, veggie fajitas, pasta, stir fry. The prices are expensive for costa rica but reasonable for a tourist town. The price also reflects the high quality of food, large quantity, great service and nice restaurant. We ate on the outdoor patio, the front cafe along the road, the lounge and movie area. It was also great to watch some movies from back home after being on the road for so long.

Pros: location, quality and quantity, great service
Cons: bit expensive, front sidewalk seating can be loud

teal_ocean
teal_ocean

Nice Place

3 Posted on 07 / 04 / 2008

Friendly place, clean, good bread and movie night. This is a tiny town--and they have sushi!

Pros: Nice place
Cons: More vegan options

Dear Owner and Manager of El Sano Banano Restaurant: