Serves meat, veg options available. Mexican restaurant with several locations in Pennsylvania - see website. Has a lacto-vegetarian section, labeled "Vegetarian's Delight". Most of those items can be made vegan with the removal of cheese and sour cream. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Mexican, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by uneamie2
DC Vegan
DC Vegan

A good place for veg*ans in Hershey/Harrisburg

4 Posted on 10 / 13 / 2013

My boyfriend and I came up to Hershey from Washington a few times to get our hockey fix during the NHL lockout (there's the American Hockey League Hershey Bears here). On this site I discovered El Rodeo, a decent-looking place only a few miles from the arena. It was the closest veg-friendly place to the arena, so we decided to try it.

El Rodeo has a vegetarian section on the menu, and the staff seems willing to remove the cheese and sour cream so it's vegan. I found the fried chimichangas and have stuck with them--a crispy fried packet of yummy veggies with rice on the side and a bit of lettuce for a sort of salad.

The servers have been friendly--including one young woman in training on one of our visit. We rarely have to wait too long for service or for our food or our check.

I wouldn't make a special trip there, but if you're in the area, check it out.

Pros: vegan options, food is pretty good
Cons: parking lot a bit tricky
sophiskippy
sophiskippy

Limited choices for vegans, but always very good!

4 Posted on 06 / 12 / 2013

My husband and I go to El Rodeo quite a bit. We generally choose the vegetable fajitas as they are easily made vegan. They do have quite a few options for vegetarians. We love El Rodeo. Our food has always been good and the servings have always been large. The person who wrote the other review must have really hit them on a bad day as we've never encountered bad food or bad service. Of course, some servers are better than others (like anywhere). We love it there!

Pros: Delicious food, Many vegetarian choices
Cons: Only a couple options for vegans
uneamie2
uneamie2

Would not recommend!

1 Posted on 02 / 17 / 2013

My husband and I are vegan, and we visited El Rodeo today for lunch. We ordered the vegetarian fajitas without sour cream and cheese. We were disappointed when the plates arrived because they were extremely small portions and the fajita vegetables were not fresh (or even sizzling). The normal dinner plate was 1/3 fajita veggies and 2/3 rice and beans. We had to send the beans back because they put cheese on top. The fajitas did not come with guacamole or lettuce/tomato/etc but still cost about $11. The menu clearly states that they charge $1.35 for extra baskets of chips. The service was terrible. Our waitress took our order, and then we didn't see her again until we needed to ask for the check. We didn't get the salsa we were hoping for or any refills on water. Normally, we do not complain about the places we eat, but we really want to save you from the same bad experience. Try somewhere else!

Pros: ok dining area
Cons: service, small portions for the price

Dear Owner and Manager of El Rodeo: