Family-friendly veggie restaurant serving fresh juices, salads, vegetarian food, organic coffee. Original location since the 2000s. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Guatemalan, Buffet, Take-out

First Review by FIYHF
paxitus
paxitus

Would eat here everyday if I could!

5 Posted on 08 / 27 / 2014

Love eating at Rey Sol! They always have a great selection on their buffet, and also great menu items. I especially enjoy a tofu scramble for breakfast!

Everyone there is very friendly, prices are very reasonable and they also have wonderful items from their bakery to go.

I like to eat healthy, and I really would feel good about eating there every day, for now I will settle for once or twice a week.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday August 27, 2014

Pros: Great Healthy Selection, Very friendly helpful staff, Great location
felipel
felipel

You won't be disappointed

5 Posted on 10 / 11 / 2012

I am pretty used to Vegetarian restaurants in Seattle. Rey Sol would be a place I would regularly go to if it was in Seattle. It was quite a surprise to find a place so nice and with diverse food choices in downtown Guatemala City.

While they have a menu, I always picked my meals from their cafeteria-style choices and was never disappointed. I adjusted my schedule to eat a late lunch there and skip dinner.

Pros: good value, good selection, attractive inside
enRoute
enRoute

Oasis!

5 Posted on 11 / 19 / 2009

Two of them, actually, as there are two locations not far from each other. I loved both, though I sometimes ended up arriving just as they were closing. It's a bit sad seeing what they have to put up with but they really brighten downtown with their presence. Friendly owners and big, tasty portions... seek this place out!

Pros: huge portions, friendly, old-school
Cons: closes early, square unsafe after dark
  • enRoute enRoute

Just a quick update as I returned for the first time in a year last Sunday. The location listed here (on 11th) is now offering *Sunday* lunch from noon to 4 p.m. in conjunction with the ongoing renovation of 6ta Avenida (one of the cross-streets for the restaurant, which has seen major changes in the last year). Fantastic meal as always, nice crowd, and the folks couldn't be friendlier. Please give this place a try if you're in the area!

RachelMacNair
RachelMacNair

Fantastic Place

5 Posted on 07 / 17 / 2009

Part of it is that I had just suffered through days of variations of bread and salad at a conference where the eating places didn't know what to do with vegetarians, but I would have been delighted with this place in any event. The menu was fantastic with a good variety of foods, the cafeteria-style food was fantastic, and the portions were larger than expected -- I'm afraid I over-ate at the first meal, and learned to adjust later. We went there four times in July, 2009, which was every lunch and dinner time we had available. They also had fantastic cakes and pies for desserts, and separately sold whole-wheat baked goods (cinnamon rolls, veg and tofu stuffed croissant, sweet-potato-and-pineapple turnover) that allowed us to buy a couple more meals for the Sunday on which they were closed. It is a bright and cheerful place and the staffpeople were all quite friendly. This is a place that's definitely worth going out of the way for.

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, friendly staff
FIYHF
FIYHF

this place is awesome!

5 Posted on 06 / 26 / 2009

I ate here with some friends when we were in Guatemala for a few days. The restaurant is very bright and colorful making it a pleasure to be in the room. The food is served cafeteria style, and everything is very colorful and looks great, making it difficult to choose. They also had watermelon juice. Everything was delicious. I ordered everything that was vegan, and I took a picture of my food because it was so nice and colorful, and it was a great experience eating here! I wanted badly to return before leaving Guatemala, but it did not work out. I highly recommend this place to anyone who lives in or will be visiting guatemala city!!!!!!!!!!!! They also had a good amount of seating that was able to accomodate our large group, and it's located i think right in the center of the city, near gov't buildings, so it's convenient for tourism. Try it out and let us all know what you think! Also, I think i remember a local friend saying that the menu varies daily, so i won't recommend anything, but i'm sure it's delicious every day!

Pros: Good Location, Great food, Colorful/easy ordering/fast

Dear Owner and Manager of Rey Sol: