Serves meat, veg options available. Opened since 2009, this casual taqueria makes Mexican food with happy hour specials. Uses dairy and egg. Veg choice include grilled vegetable tacos, veggie chilequiles, and portabello burrito. No labeled vegan food but could specify no cheese, sour cream. Free wi-fi. Dog friendly. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Mexican, Beer/Wine, Take out, Non-veg

woahitsbeka
woahitsbeka

Super disappointing

Posted on 05 / 11 / 2014

First off, I have never written a negative review about a restaurant before so this is a first for me. To begin with the menu had vegetarian options but none came with guacamole. Guacamole was 3$ extra!! Second it took 40 minutes just to receive my burrito and the burrito was just ok. Also, the waitress we got was terrible. My boyfriend and I ordered chips and salsa and she dropped half of them and said no apology. We also never received more chips, so we were left with chips a few chips. She also did not ask us how we were doing once. I was so excited to try this place out because I love Mexican food but it was really disappointing. If you want an affordable tasty burrito with a better staff, go to chipotle.

Cperago
Cperago

Great Restaurant and atmosphere

Posted on 08 / 07 / 2013

El Rayo is a very fun Taquaria. It is also very inexpensive. All their food is made fresh each day and has an authentic mexican taste. The vegan options are limited and the wait staff aren't all up to speed on vegan so remember to ask them to skip the cheese and sour cream. The best time to go is in the summer when bands are playing outside. The chips, salsa and guacamole are fantastic and the drinks are really good too. I recommend the Frijoles and Verduras (if you like it spicy) burritos. Tacos are good if you like soft corn tortillas. Remember to skip the cheese and sour cream (crema fresca).

Pros: Very Inexpensive, Atmosphere, music and staff, Great Burrittos
Cons: Limited vegan options, Winter is indoors, really a summer place
Blueviolingirl
Blueviolingirl

Eh

Posted on 07 / 03 / 2013

El Rayo's not the best and not the worst. I've been there several times and the vegan food available is kind of boring. Two times, when I told the server I was vegan she looked at me like I was from Mars. They have a yummy salad that would be perfect if it had some protein like beans or tofu on it. Nice atmosphere and great in the summer to sit outside.

Pros: Outdoor Seating, Nice Vibe, Small Portions
Cons: Few Vegan Options, Vegan Options are Bland, Some severs don't know what vegan is

tuni
tuni

ok place

Posted on 08 / 23 / 2012

This place is fun and busy, often has live music. I had the vegetable burrito with plantains which was good, the tacos were not that good and really small. I think it is a little overpriced as the portions are small. If you want a great burrito I can highly recommend going to Chipotle! mmm so yummi and great quality at a fair price.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday August 15, 2012

Pros: good burrito, fun
Cons: busy, 25 min wait, expensive
bunnyfarts
bunnyfarts

Fun place!

Posted on 06 / 15 / 2011

Not as many vegan options, but plenty of vegetarian ones. Very fun place!

Dear Owner and Manager of El Rayo Taqueria: