Serves meat, veg options available. Located in the Shinsaibashi covered mall, they offer several vegan options. Live music on weekend evenings. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Beer/Wine, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by Tory
youcangoyourownway
youcangoyourownway

Mexican in Japan

4 Posted on 07 / 25 / 2013

An authentic Mexican restaurant in the heart of Osaka. I told them I was vegan, and they brought me a plate with guacamole, re fried beans,corn chips, salad, plantain and two types of salsa. Lovely decor, friendly staff, and the food was great!!. The plantain was amazing! A bit hard to find, on the 8th floor of a weird little building. Totally worth it!
The meal + a drink came to 1950 yen, and I left full :)

Pros: Great food, Good value, Good vibe
Cons: a bit hard to find
Joshhw
Joshhw

great spot, plentiful portions

4 Posted on 07 / 07 / 2013

Wonderful spot for an easy meal. Especially for vegetarians.

Pros: large portions
Cons: not enough English
KirstenLoreen
KirstenLoreen

love

4 Posted on 02 / 13 / 2012

I love this place! This is my second time in Osaka, I visited El Pancho about 5 years ago, when I got here this was on my list of must go places. I ordered the vegetarian enchiladas. They come as avocado enchiladas. And it's a lot of food, I took about half of it home with me. It came with beans, a veggie taco, a quesadilla, a few veggies that were kind of out of place for a mexi resto, along with some mashed potatoes. But I'm not complaining bc they were delish. :) I will be going back soon. A good place for vegetarians to make their meat eating friends as well. There is something for everyone.

Pros: great food, good atmosphere
Tory
Tory

Great vegetarian/vegan option in central Osaka

4 Posted on 08 / 06 / 2011

While visiting Osaka, we ate at El Pancho three times due to the great food and fun atmosphere. Although there is lots of meat on the menu, there are lots of vegetarian and a few vegan options as well. They serve authentic Mexican food and have live music on weekend evenings. It's a small place so reservations are a good idea. They also serve a great assortment of fun cocktails and bring chips and salsa as soon as you sit down. It's clean and service is friendly. As an added bonus, the restaurant is centrally located in the Shinsaibashi covered mall and near to public transportation. If you're walking toward the end of the covered mall toward the very busy restaurant/entertainment area with the massive illuminated billboards, El Pancho is tucked in to the left of a tall, narrow building (it's a little bit tricky to find the first time). There are small elevators to take you up to the 8th floor and smoking is in the little lobby right outside of the restaurant where you exit the elevator, but is not inside the restaurant (which is not always the case in Japan). I highly recommend El Pancho and my carnivorous partner said his meals were great too - so there's something for everyone.

Pros: Great food, Clean, Veg options
Cons: A little hard to find the first time, Smoking right outside the restaurant

Dear Owner and Manager of El Pancho: