El Nutri-Taco - Food Cart

Serves meat, veg options available. Dining cart in front of a family home. Owned by a Oaxacan woman and her Vera Cruzano husband. Reported has tofutti brand creams and Follow Your Heart vegan cheese - call ahead to verify. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Take-out, Fast food, Mexican, Non-veg
8438 SE Woodstock Blvd (82nd)
Portland, Oregon 97266

jepedo
jepedo

MEXICAN VEGAN EATS

Posted on 09 / 28 / 2014

whenever I'm hungry for some quick spicy Mexican Food, I swing by here, its cheap hot and ready, generous with the lime and salsa, and soy curls taste kind of like carne-asada I guess, I haven't had true carne in over a decade but its pretty tasty none the less.

Pros: cheap, vegan friendly business
Cons: dog's in backyard gate :(, look like they want to run and play
Juliett_Oscar
Juliett_Oscar

Cactus, avocado sauce, grilled onions...yum

Posted on 01 / 16 / 2014

There are times I despair at living close to 82nd Avenue which has a long way to go before one can call it Avenue of Roses without irony. Among the beacons of hope are places like El Nutri Taco, which has kept locals happy with their robust menu of vegan Mexican food that is flavorful enough to eat without any salsa. But, of course, get some salsa! Try different items out, because they do have variations in flavor and texture. The chipotle is too hot for me, but I love the potato, cactus, and grilled onions. Service is awesome, and there is covered seating if you can't wait to bring the food home with you. If you have a modest appetite, one burrito will last you two meals. Bring a book to exchange at the Little Free Library on site. If you're anywhere along the SE Woodstock corridor looking for eats closer-in, the bike ride or drive to the other side of 82nd Ave is totally worth it. Soon you will be that local in the know bringing other people to this little cart.

Pros: Robust menu, Nice service, Covered place to sit
Macbethedge
Macbethedge

Am Mexican myself and I approve el nutri!

Posted on 04 / 02 / 2012

I love it! I love the guys working here, I love the food, it taste so authentic and considering the is vegan is so amazing. My favorite: tempeh torta! Just 4 of 5 cows just because happycow doesn't let me!

Pros: Amazingly good!, Friendly staff, Vegan dishes that taste like the real deal
Cons: Seating outside in windy days

Cascadian
Cascadian

Excellent vegan Mexican food!

Posted on 02 / 07 / 2010

This great food cart is run by a friendly family & is set up in their front yard. There are several picnic style tables, including some in a covered tent that keeps the rain off. While animal products are served here, their vegan menu is extensive and includes items that I'd never previously seen offered anywhere.

I recommend El Nutri-Taco highly!!!

Pros: Good Value, Friendly People, Best option in area
Cons: Open air, can be a plus too!, Not entirely vegan (yet!), Not 24 hours (yet!)
Guest
Guest

Awesome vegan nachos and burritos!

Posted on 10 / 21 / 2009

We love this place! Yes, it's a taco truck with a deck built around it - get over it. Fantastic vegan-friendly and chill...

Pros: Vegan friendly, Delicious, Great service
Cons: Small, Outdoor only
durruti
durruti

Their location is one reason I bought my house

Posted on 08 / 28 / 2009

These guys are really great - first found them when I was house hunting - part of the reason I bought my place, a mere 2 blocks away. They have a traditional sort of Mexican street food / cart menu, but also a full vegan / veggie menu. You can get burritos, tacos, taco salad, etc with soyrizo or tofu (fried tofu chunks). There tofu fajitas are great! Wonderful burrito cart salsa and they are very sweet people. My fave is the combo burrito and tofu fajitas!!

Pros: really friendly, great food, many options
Cons: Too close to my house for my own good!, Packaging is foam for some to go stuff

Dear Owner and Manager of El Nutri-Taco - Food Cart: