Vegetarian fine dining restaurant, with a minimalism atmosphere. Offers tapas, salads, fresh pastas, woks, and desserts including in-house-made cakes. Serves tea and fair trade coffee. Ecological brunch by reservation only. Uses local and organic produce and wine. Closed Mon-Tue. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Spanish, International, Beer/Wine

First Review by flip55flip
SarahHa
SarahHa

Nice, quite restaurant

5 Posted on 09 / 22 / 2014

We had dinner yesterday at this place and we really enjoyed it! The staff was really nice and the waiter even knew that the wine is vegan. We had Samosas and Gazpacho for starters, both dishes tasty, even though the Samosas weren't homemade (we aren't sure about that, it's just a guess). For main course we had Couscous and the Wok with Tofu, both delicious! They have vegan ice cream and other vegan desserts. Using only organic products justifies the prices.

They have menus in various languages, but since we speak Spanish I don't know about their language skills.

Pros: vegan desserts, vegan wine, organic & local
eye of judgement
eye of judgement

expensive but good food

3 Posted on 03 / 22 / 2014

This restaurant has a real nice atmosphere at a good location and serves all organic food. They had a few vegan and and some gluten free options as well, but portions were relatively small. I had a hard time getting full, and hence the price got rather high.
I had couscous, which was one of the larger meals, and my partner had stir-fried veggies with potatoes, which was enough for her, but wouldn't have been for me. On the other hand they did have some vegan and gluten free deserts.

Pros: great taste , nice atmosphere, all organic food
Cons: limited vegan options, small portions, rather expensive
Ben
Ben

Organic and vegan first class food!

4 Posted on 11 / 04 / 2013

Excellent food with vegan and gluten free alternatives clearly marked on the menu. Kitchen staff with great cooking skills and very polite waiter. Does not serve any meat.

We tried 4 different vegan and gluten free dishes at two different occasions and were very content.

Pros: organic food, friendly staff, good atmosphere

puurjackie
puurjackie

Gorgeous food!!

5 Posted on 09 / 07 / 2013

Yesterday (6-9-2013) me and my friends ate at this restaurant after a tip we got from a health store in the centre of Puerto de la Cruz.

We had a lovely diner and even my tablemates (all non-vegetarian) spoke highly about how satisfying and lovely the whole diner was. I chose the vegan options and enjoyed the lovely flavours and combinations of spices.
The staff was so nice and the scenery was really relaxing.

I would recommend this restaurant to all vegen, vegetarian and non-vegetariant visitors.

Pros: vegan options, local products, freindly staff
Cons: extra price for the bread
zep
zep

Beautiful place

4 Posted on 12 / 27 / 2012

We visited the place in dec 2012. Nice place with good food. There could be more protein-alternatives on the menu tough. The local mushroom-dish was nice.

Pros: Good food, good value, friendly staff
longTermVeggie
longTermVeggie

Amazing food!!!

5 Posted on 07 / 02 / 2012

I visited this restaurant with my partner in June 2012 and I rate is as a fantastic dining experience. We ate quite early (7:30pm) finding the restaurant empty when we arrived. The restaurant is in the old town in a narrow street running parallel with the seafront. The decor is simple with wooden tables and a seaside theme. We choose four starter dishes to share instead of mains and had glasses of the red house wine which was delicious. The dishes were pumpkin soup (spicy and served with a flower), spinach and cheese vegetable croquettes with sauce (a local Canarian dish), a stack with smoked tofu, aubergine and other vegetables (skewered with rosemary), and sautéed cheese in spiky shapes with salad. Every dish was tasty, with a range of textures and flavours and a quality above and beyond the rather bland offerings of other veggie restaurants. Presentation was attractive, each dish looked lovely.
The waitress was friendly. When I asked the woman working in the kitchen who created such lovely dishes, it turned out that she was the chef and the recipes were her own. This woman deserves a Michelin star!

713price
713price

Fabulous Food

5 Posted on 03 / 29 / 2012

Fabulous food served by very friendly staff. Would highly recommend. Will definitely be returning.

florian.hobert
florian.hobert

Food from heaven

5 Posted on 02 / 25 / 2012

El Mana - we greatly enjoyed eating out at El Mana. It was indeed like food from heaven! Yummie AND healthy. Both for us and for the planet because all the ingredients are from ecological agriculture. An agriculture that prohibits chemical treatments, that favors variety and natural fruit cycles instaed of single crops at large scale. Such an agriculture respects and preserves your health and that of the soil. All of us depend on the soil's richness and its ability to absorb carbon from the atmosphere. Gracias y que os valla bien!

flip55flip
flip55flip

Beautiful, delicious food

4 Posted on 12 / 31 / 2011

Just a brief review. El Maná is a beautiful restaurant with friendly staff and well presented food. It was tasty and healthy.

A little point to complain about though, which is a shame as vegetarian places are so hard to find in Tenerife, but the menu listed various items as vegan that clearly were not vegan (goats cheese and honey are not vegan). I think some of the other items were available vegan if you ask. If this was clearer, I'd give 5 stars.

Also, we received a bread roll and rojo sauces before the starters, without asking for it, but then were charged €1 for it. I don't appreciate hidden charges! Only a small charge though.

Pros: Tasty, Attractive, Imaginative
Cons: Hidden charge, Vegan confusion

Dear Owner and Manager of El Mana: