Loto Azul Vegetariano

Vegetarian cafeteria operated by Hare Krishna devotees, near La Candelaria historic district, Cudinamarca. Crowded at lunch time. Large set lunches. Offers international dishes as well as typical Colombian comfort food. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Ovo, International, Delivery, Take-out, Latin American, Colombian

Patapompon
Patapompon

Good vegan tamal

Posted on 08 / 06 / 2015

[Went there on July 23rd, 2015, and they told me that they were open everyday. Although, they were closed earlier than what they told me so I can't be sure.]

I went there for the breakfast, and I chose the tamal (COP 6.500) which was filling and good (the tamal was filled with potatoes, carrots, chickpeas, green peas, TSP and seitan). The juice was at 2.400.
They told me the menu was at 8.800, which seems okay, but I didn't try it.

anhaiying
anhaiying

Cheap and decent food

Posted on 02 / 07 / 2015

Plenty of vegan options and all the meals are really cheap! I had a meal with fried plantain which was decent but nothing too special. My two meat eating Colombian friends had the same but didn't really like it. It came with a very nice vegetable soup though. My vegan friend ordered a burger and thought it was good but not great. But anyway for that price (7000 pesos) I won't complain too much!

DIANE240378
DIANE240378

good value with lots of food & choices

Posted on 09 / 21 / 2013

I ate lunch here 5 or 6 times for $7800pesos. I had soup,main (brown rice,veg, beans/chickpeas, falafel etc, help yourself salad bar, juice, fruit & dessert which was normally 1 piece of fruit (banana & tiny piece of fruit in small bowl with sauce). I was full after ecery meal & service was really fast & helpful. They always gave you 2 choices for this price but there are other options too. I always ate upstairs, its like to restaurants in one with buffet upstairs & downstairs. Its a very busy place but always have room & is vegan friendly. You can see whats on the menu at the door as they have the food on display. This really helps when you do not have good spanish & dont know or understand what you want. You pay at door , get ticket, get a seat & waiter comes & asks you what you would like

Pros: vegan friendly, friendly staff, good choices
Cons: not open for dinner

iceicekati
iceicekati

Definitely worth trying!

Posted on 09 / 13 / 2009

We really liked the set menu, it was a decent value, quite a bit of food and a variety. The Hare Krishna atmosphere is nice and they have other events and cooking classes too. They also have lasagna and sandwiches, and natural foods to go like soy milk powder and almonds and honey.

Pros: good value, central location, nice people

Dear Owner and Manager of Loto Azul Vegetariano: