Serves meat, veg options available. Has a veggie chili, many sauces are vegetarian, and some main entrees can be made vegetarian upon request. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Tex-Mexican, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
465 Madison Ave (Willett)
Albany, New York 12210
518-436-1855

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by jaime
qua
qua

my favorite spot in albany

Posted on 01 / 09 / 2010

i've lived in albany for years and el loco has been my favorite spot the whole time. great veggie chili and several vegan choices! i've never had a bad meal there.

jaime
jaime

great for vegans

Posted on 09 / 14 / 2009

I'm a regular here. There are not a ton of vegan options but what they do have is really delicious and the staff is well-informed on what is and can be made vegan. The veggie chili and tostada grande are great. House-made cilantro salad dressing is vegan. I would love it if this place would add tofu sour cream and vegan soy cheese to the menu, but I don' t think the menu has changed in 20 years so I doubt it will happen.

Pros: great staff, strong margaritas, fresh food
Cons: no soy alternatives

Dear Owner and Manager of El Loco: