El Laurel

Wide range of vegetarian dishes inspired by Spanish cuisine. Set menu includes two main courses, a dessert, and a beverage. Vegan options, although no vegan desserts. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Spanish, Ovo, Lacto, Beer/Wine, Take-out
Calle San Pablo 49
Salamanca, Spain
+34-923260601

Open Tue-Fri 13:30-17:00, 20:30-00:30.

• Reservations required

First Review by BroekinRecord
TofuCelt
TofuCelt

Well worth a visit

5 Posted on 12 / 03 / 2013

This restuarant is in a good location, fairly near to the Old Cathedral. I didn't find it difficult to find. However, as the outside is not lit up too well, it may be difficult to see from afar. Inside it is very fresh and bright. The waitress is very nice and speaks very clearly. Despite me having very limited Spanish, I was able it understand most of what she was explaining. English is at the back of the menu card for those who need it. The food here is good quality and there is a good variety. However, there does seem to be a limited amount of vegan dishes. We ordered the 'Menú Degustación', a vegetarian dish with bits of everything. This turned out to be a great choice and left our big appetites feeling well satisfied. It consisted of seitan, tofu, cheese dish, egg dish, salad, paella. For desert, the waitress recommend we go for the vanilla ice-cream and white chocolate soufflé. What a great recommendation that turned out to be. It was delicious, perhaps the best desert I ever tasted. We also tried the tiramisu which was lovely too. The glass of wine that came with the menu we ordered was good quality too. The brown bread was lovely too. And the nice liquorice and mint tea at the end helped settle our stomachs after our feast. If you are sick of getting rubbish veggie food when travelling, this will be a pleasant surprise, especially in a country which is renowned for it's meat-eating. Total for two came to just over €35. One of my favourite restaurants ever visited. Definitely well worth a visit. Lovely waitress, good food, clean eatery, etc.

Pros: Good variety and quality food, Lovely waitress, Central location
Cons: Not too many vegan options
Ellen and Jacob
Ellen and Jacob

Delicious food and nice ambiance

4 Posted on 10 / 29 / 2013

We ate at El Laurel in October 2013. We had made a reservation for 8:00 pm, probably unnecessary, as most Spanish diners start out at 9:00 or later. The staff was friendly, and the food - vegan paella and vegetarian spaghetti bolognese - was delicious.

Pros: friendly service, delicious food
TomMartin
TomMartin

Very Good!

5 Posted on 10 / 25 / 2013

Awesome restaurant!!!

Most of the menu is Vegan, very tasteful and large meals.
I enjoyed a lot, in particular the Faux Gras and the main dishes!!

Pros: Quality, Price
Cons: Better if you make a reservation
TheVeganOfAus
TheVeganOfAus

Busy - book in advance

5 Posted on 05 / 26 / 2013

Tip: book in advance. I rocked up one day and they were full for their entire open time. I would have liked to try this place but never got the chance.

I'm giving a five star rating because I don't want to skew the current rating but I know nothing about the place except that it looks well presented. (Also thinking it must be good if it's so busy)

Cons: Need to book!

lsubirats
lsubirats

• non-vegetarian

Fantastic

5 Posted on 05 / 21 / 2013

Wonderful atmosphere, delicious food, nice magazines and great service! I strongly recommend it!

Pros: Atmosphere, Food, Magazines
Cons: Price
BroekinRecord
BroekinRecord

fantastic Vegetarian cuisine!!!

5 Posted on 04 / 27 / 2013

Whew! This place is fantastic!! In a lovely country full of jamón, this is an oasis for anyone needing solid vegetarian cuisine. Absolutely delicious menu. A vegan option here and there (not specified on menu) but mostly straight up vegetarian with a lot of cheese. Go here!! You won't be sorry! Sangria is good, too!! You might need reservations and also check the hours.

Pros: portions are plentiful, excellent hummus, great service

Dear Owner and Manager of El Laurel: