Not a restaurant, no menu. A bar where a complimentary tapa (veg) is offered with drink purchase. Vegan ask for a vegan tapa. more-less
Cuesta del Realejo 10 (Barrio: El Realejo)
Granada, Spain 18009
n/a

Call for Hours

First Review by Hanna Louise

Very nices vegan tapas !

4 Posted on 05 / 21 / 2014

It was nice to find a place with very typical spanish tapas in a veg version with a friendly price. Also the staff knows what vegan means and it felt good not to doubt about the fact that tapas were vegan (as we could see they were also serving cheese).
Why not all vegan? :)

Pros: good tapas, price

Vegan tapas with great environment

5 Posted on 09 / 12 / 2013

It's was the first bar I've ever been that only had vegan tapas, and how I dreamt about this day to come!! Great staff, amazing decoration and even better philosophy!! Good prices! If you are in Granada you really have to check this place out!

Pros: Vegan tapas only!! , Nice location, Cool place for a beer or two or...

Vegan's haven

5 Posted on 07 / 20 / 2013

El Jergon "saved" me when I was in Granada on a Sunday. Most restaurants were closed, in fact the street the bar is on was pretty much completely quiet. Just a few guys hanging out in El Jergon drinking icy cerveza on a hot day. For a small cerveza, I got a nice selection of delicious, free vegan tapas: paella (the only paella I ate during my visit in meat-centric Spain) and a wonderful corn-filled crepe. Even thought it's "just" tapas, it filled me up like a full meal. The bartender--perhaps the owner?--was also super-nice, and the decor just awesome. My tapas "meal," plus beer, ended up being under 3 euro. For real. I'd hang out at El Jergon all the time if I lived in Granada.

Just to be clear--El Jergon is a BAR, not a restaurant. Don't expect a full menu or anything elaborate / formal.

Pros: Delicious, healthy food, Cheap, Great atmosphere

great place

5 Posted on 09 / 06 / 2012

Serves food only as tapas coming along with a drink.
Two of them are like a meal (got vegan quinoa salad).
Inexpensive, alternative place, nice people and atmosphere.

Pros: cheap, friendly, alternative

great veggie tapas bar

5 Posted on 05 / 13 / 2012

Good vegan tapas and good ecological wine. Satisfying light dinner for 4 euros, including drinks (2 euros per drink, comes with tapas). Staff is friendly and happy to accommodate vegans

Pros: nice alternative atmosphere, good vegan options, reasonably priced

Dear Owner and Manager of El Jergon: