Serves meat, veg options available. Mexican restaurant offering faux meat and soy cheese as substitute. Price: Moderate more-less
Mexican, Non-veg

Mcarlsonlane
Mcarlsonlane

Was disappointed. :(

Posted on 04 / 05 / 2014

It seems that El Faro has been around forever and always has been known as a veggie-friendly destination. My boyfriend and I checked it out for the first time recently, and, although there were an impressive amount of veg items on the menu, the food itself was just okay. If I happened to be in the area again, I would check it out and give it another try.

Pros: Many options, Inexpensive, Cozy, warm atmosphere
Cons: Not the best food
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

A Little "El Far-o" From The City, But Cheap. :)

Posted on 02 / 27 / 2009

I just ate here last night, and while it is a little far from the city, I found this place to be good. When my friend and I walked in, I got the family diner feeling, which is nice. We sat down and checked out what was on the menu only to find a plethora of vegetarian items and healthy smoothies/juices. The only problem, as I am a Vegan, is that they didn't really have many fully Vegan options. I was able to get various items without cheese, egg, or mayonnaise [thereby making it Vegan], but it would have been nice if they did have substitutes. My friend (not veggie or Vegan) said this was the best tasting Mexican meal with fake meat in it. He also got a strawberry smoothie [apparently Vegan] that looked quite tasty. On top of everything this place was EXTREMELY CHEAP!!! We ordered a ton of stuff including that smoothie [a mere $1.75] and our bill was $15! Wow! Overall the food was good and everyone was very nice!

[Oh and be careful, one of their menu items says it contains soy cheese; I asked about it and was told they don't have soy cheese.]

Pros: Cheap
Cons: Won't drive out of my way for though...

Dear Owner and Manager of El Faro: