Serves meat, veg options available. Bar cafe offering daily changing menu. Let staff know if you're vegan. Has soy milk and rice milk for coffee and smoothies. No vegan tapas in the afternoons (lunch); vegan tapa possibilities in the evening only. Price: Moderate more-less
Spanish, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
Av. Ramon y Cajal
Valladolid, Spain

First Review by magdagascar
magdagascar
magdagascar

Why did I find this on my last day in Spain.

Posted on 07 / 31 / 2014

I was visiting the University of Valladolid for a month. I was starving the entire time. Spain is not a VEGAN heaven. HAM is king there and nasty blood sausage is Queen. Long story short, on my last day at work, I walked across the street for some juice. I noticed they had soy milk. I notice that they had vegan food. My jaw dropped. I was just a few feet away from the one of the only vegan spots in Valladolid. When the staff found out I was vegan... they bent over backwards to feed me. I only had one experience there - but I do plan on returning the university... and when I do, I will make this cafe my second home.
Regarding the food. I would say it is OK. Nothing earth moving (however, after a month without a proper vegan meal... I thought the food was great). However, I know how hard it is to be vegan while traveling. So please support this place. Even if it is just for coffee and a snack. I think they serve a vegan brunch on Saturday and Sunday. They were telling me about it during my first visit.

Pros: THEY LOVE VEGANS, GREAT COFFEE
Cons: Crazy Spanish Hours , Limited food

Dear Owner and Manager of El Doctorado Cafe Bar: