El Berenjenal

Restaurante eco-vegetariano. Approximately one-half of the dishes are vegan, all prepared from organic ingredients. Pleasant atmosphere, comfortable seating, and knowledgeable staff. Also has small section with organic products for sale. Opened June 2009 as reported to HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Spanish, Organic
Calle Duque de Lerma 2 (old Valladolid city centre)
Valladolid, Spain 47003

First Review by Stanislava
rubenburgos
rubenburgos

Muy Recomendable.

4 Posted on 08 / 12 / 2013

Sitio acogedor y buen trato. Bastantes opciones veganas y todo en su punto y muy rico.Precio normal.

Pros: Muchas Opciones Veganas., Buena Cocina.
ronnytoby
ronnytoby

Very pleasant restaurant

4 Posted on 08 / 11 / 2013

The restaurant has a nice decor and friendly staff.

The menu was not very imaginative: we had "croquetas" and vegetable tempura as starters, for our main dish we had lasagna and Thai curry. However, the execution was good and original (main dishes). The Thai curry did not look like the Thai curry we once had in a vegetarian restaurant in Bangkok, but it was delicious.

Pros: Nice decor, Delicous food, Friendly staff
marmot1972
marmot1972

BRILLIANT!!

5 Posted on 07 / 11 / 2013

Is a great restaurant, very laid off and with exquisite food. Very friendly team and accepts animal companions.
If you are in the area do not miss their food!!

Pros: Excelent Food, Animal Friendly, Ambiance
Cons: Cannot found any...
TofuCelt
TofuCelt

Nicer than expected

3 Posted on 03 / 18 / 2013

I read a few of the reviews here and wasn't convinced that it would be worth the walk there. However, we decided, as we were only here the one night, we would give it a go, passing the sites as we travelled up to it. As I was travelling with my mother, we had to take things slow to get there. It is not that far from the centre but with someone in there late 70's, you need a few rests on the way.

It is only slightly difficult to find. If you find yourself to the area, just wander around down the right road and you will see it. It is not well lit up on the outside but once you find it, it is worth it.

When you first walk in the door, it is a lovely surprise. It is brightly lit with lovely child drawings on the wall giving the place that special feel. The waiter is quite friendly and you can see into the kitchen through a large glass windown to enjoy your meal is being cooked to good hygience standards.

The selection is good, thankfully with not a pizza, pasta, or omlette/tortilla in site. The food felt quite healthy and not too stodgey. I have tasted better of all dishes. However, it was still quite good for a city that is quite difficult to find veggie food in. None of the dishes are to write home about but all are just, well, 'nice'. In fact, the salad was rubbish and very small. It wouldn't even feed a rabbit.

The best part of the meal was the desserts. I am not a sweet-toothed person. However, I decided that I would try a dessert as I usually like dishes with agarroba in it. I was right. It was lovely. However, the nicest dessert was the chocolate cake.....and I don't like chocolate cake....usually. It was very nice.

Well worth the search and a great lively area too.

Pros: Nice decor, Good area, Good choice
Cons: Not much imagination to dishes, Just okay food, Tiny salad
TomMartin
TomMartin

Nicest Veggie in Valladolid!

4 Posted on 02 / 08 / 2013

The best vegetarian in Valladolid.

Menu at 13.7€, and almost all dishes were vegan, with clear indications about it.

Trissan
Trissan

5 Posted on 11 / 03 / 2011

I go to Valladolid about once every secopnd year. This year, 2011, we were two persons going there, As before, the food is tasy, and handsomely presented.
Unfortunately, we arrived late, at about ten minutes to four, and they were about to close. howevere, there were other costumers and we were well received but a little reluctantly by the poor waitress who probably had to work overtime.

Stanislava
Stanislava

5 Posted on 04 / 25 / 2010

This pleasant restaurant is a true vegetarian and vegan haven right in the center of the city. The dishes are very tastefully prepared, all from organic ingredients. The food preparation area is on view through a glass wall. It was a true delight to eat here.

Pros: excellent food, organic ingredients, friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of El Berenjenal: