Eggless Dessert Cafe

Opened in fall of 2009, this evening cafe specializes in egg-free sweet desserts. Offers a few savory vegetarian dishes. Relaxed atmosphere. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Western, Bakery

kellievegchick
kellievegchick

Really???

Posted on 07 / 20 / 2014

Having to line up outside to get a seat makes u think that this is going to be a mind blowing experience. The only mind blowing bit is the cost of the food versus the portion size. If im paying over $10 for a dessert i don't want to have to walk down the street and buy a bucket of chips to fill me up afterwards.

CaptainV
CaptainV

Wonderful

Posted on 03 / 29 / 2014

Always fantastic. Great staff, great vibe.. always something new and exciting.

amaikaorii
amaikaorii

Perfect!

Posted on 02 / 25 / 2013

Eggless Dessert Cafe has to be my favourite restaurant ever. The food is amazing and the staff are too. They change their menu every month and always have the most delicious vegan options! We're a family of four and will probably be regular monthly customers, because we know that we will be guaranteed something delicious and different every month!

Pros: vegan options, super friendly, small and intimate

fearless
fearless

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm dessert!

Posted on 05 / 15 / 2012

I'm a massive sweet tooth and this place satisfies! I have been many times over the last couple of years and continue to go on a regular basis. The best part is that they change the menu every month! The Tiramisu (flavour changes) rocks! If you like coffee do try a Vietnamese coffee, delicious! The owner is a very friendly gentlemen and likes to try and make sure all people have a nice experience.
Note: there is often a wait in line unless you get there early, it's worth the wait though

Pros: great tasting, friendly, menu always changing
Cons: sometimes have to wait (but worth it!)
Jasmin Aplin
Jasmin Aplin

My favourite place in Adelaide

Posted on 07 / 06 / 2011

A wonderful desert cafe serving vegetarian and vegan deserts. The menu changes monthly so you have to keep going back again and again cos there is always something new and interesting to try. Some of my favourites so far have been the Durian cake, Vegan jam donuts and Avacado and mint mousse!

Their drinks menu is wonderful! Plunger coffees, iced tea, chai hot chocolate, and my personal fave; Teh Tarik!

I think what makes this such a special place is the passion the owners and staff have for what they do! They are happy to be there and although always flat out, they are never to busy for a quick chat!

If going in winter, I do suggest dressing very warmly as there is a good chance you will have to wait outside for a bit. It's a very popular place but well worth the wait!

Pros: lots of vegan options, great atmosphere, very affordable
Cons: very busy place
Phillip Casey
Phillip Casey

Unsurpassable

Posted on 07 / 04 / 2011

After finding out that Eggless was only around the corner from me, I am disappointed that I hadn't found out sooner. Since our first experience at Eggless we have come back no less than 2 times per month. The menu consistently has a good splattering of vegan options and as it is ever changing (or evolving) it satisfies even the most promiscuous of taste buds. Rarely is a dessert not to my taste (read: avocado mousse), however, in saying that, every dish that comes out of their kitchen is of the highest quality.

One thing that is noticeable early on is that Eggless does not have a coffee machine (gasp) - proving that a cafe does not have to have one to:
a) Be successful and;
b) Make great coffee.

A mixture and fusion of both western and eastern desserts take up the majority of the menu. However, for those that need something savoury, the Roti Paratha are delectable.

For those reading this that are visiting Adelaide for a day trip or short stay, Eggless is a must.

The bar has certainly been raised.

Pros: Excellent Food / Good Value, Friendly Staff, Ever Changing Menu
Maddi
Maddi

Amazing desserts

Posted on 06 / 13 / 2011

Just go here you will love it! Asian desserts all veggie and mostly vegan, with really creative spins on traditional recipes. The owner Ken is delightful and works front of house while his partner and her mother are in charge of the kitchen. The fact it gets so busy a testament to it's well-deserved popularity.

Pros: Amazing food, Friendly staff, Great atmosphere
Cons: Small venue
RosePetal
RosePetal

Eggless rocks

Posted on 06 / 09 / 2011

I love this place. The desserts are amazing and the main menu changes monthly (yes, monthly!) so you'll never get bored.

There are tasting platters of 4 desserts for 2 people to share if you just can't decide what to pick.

Staff, and particularly the owner, are friendly and accommodating.

The best tip is arrive at/before 8 pm if you want a table. This place fills up most nights and quickly! There is a heater out the front to keep those in the line warm (it's just like a nightclub - but nicer!). You can book if you're coming with a group of 6 or more. They also do takeaways.

As I said the main dessert menu changes every month, but there is an asian dessert menu which remains the same (the sticky rice sundae is one of my faves). Also there is a small savouries menu, which are snack size not meal size. These are also good, and sometimes having a savoury snack helps you appreciate the sweets more :D

Vegan items or options are clearly marked on the menu.

Coffee is of the plunger variety - but who cares, you're there for the dessert not the coffee! You should have an iced chocolate or coconut juice if plunger coffee upsets you.

I've been here 8 or so times (maybe more...) and I've never had something I didn't like.

Pros: Variety, Friendly staff, Delicious
oldboy
oldboy

Nice and friendly

Posted on 03 / 12 / 2011

Dessert really nice no so sweet but realy tasty and creative and staff really really friendly
You have to try

Pros: friendly , creativity, tasty
veggielover99
veggielover99

Very Nice

Posted on 09 / 28 / 2010

It's a great place to shope with good variety.

Pros: Variety, Friendly Staff, Healthy
memmarmite
memmarmite

Absolutely Lovely

Posted on 08 / 13 / 2010

We spotted Eggless listed on here as soon as we had planned our trip to Adelaide and had been looking forward to it for months. We were not disappointed.

We've visited twice this week. We have sampled a couple of the savoury dishes (which were excellent, might I add - light, tasty and great value for money) but really, it was all about the puds. We tried the Sticky Black Rice Sundae, Turkish Delight Ice Cream, Raspberry and Lemon Quinoa Cake, Chocolate Yogo Cake and Gingerbread Pudding. Everything we tried was absolutely heavenly, the portion sizes were just right and the prices were very reasonable indeed.

The staff were wonderful too - despite being very busy they still made time to have a quick chat and make us feel right at home.

One thing I will say is that it filled up really quickly. This wasn't a problem for us as we were waiting at the door when it opened, but coming later might mean waiting for a table.

I am really pleased that it has become this popular so quickly though, it's an awesome little place and I really hope we get back to Adelaide sometime so we can eat there again.

Pros: loads of vegan options, friendly service, good prices
Cons: pretty busy

Dear Owner and Manager of Eggless Dessert Cafe: