Serves meat, veg options available. Offers mostly raw, vegan entrees using local produce. Has Sunday brunch. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Raw, Non-veg
735 Copeland St, Lower Level
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15232
412-802-7070

Open Mon, Wed-Sat 5-10pm, Sun 10am-5pm, closed Tue.

First Review by pepperka
skyerainmoonshine
skyerainmoonshine

LOVE! Healthy and Delicious!

4 Posted on 07 / 09 / 2014

Eden has an amazing menu filled with tons of options for vegans, raw vegans, vegetarians, and even non-veg heads. Their menu changes seasonally, so there's always something new to try! The food is very creative and unique! The decor is really eclectic! I LOVE their veggie burger for brunch! Their desserts are also fab (and ALL raw)! Definitely try this place if you love health food as much as I do! I am not really fond of the service there and their strange hours, but other than that it's amazing! Oh and almost forgot! The meat that they service is not even part of any of the dishes!!! They just give you the option to add tempeh, tofu, or chicken to your entree!

Pros: Excellent Food, Good Quality, Changing menu
Cons: not so great service, strange hours
Sebastian33
Sebastian33

terric for vegans and non vegans

4 Posted on 05 / 18 / 2013

Very yummy, raw menu section, plenty of vegan options. Sunday brunch has veg and non veg options. One of my favorite places to eat in Pittsburgh.

Pros: plenty of vegan options, friendly service, options for non vegeterians available
FoodAndLoathing
FoodAndLoathing

Among the great raw food places in the country!

4 Posted on 03 / 26 / 2013

I love Eden, and have enjoyed everything I ever got there. The raw sample menu is terrific and just $15. I must admit, it seems like pure silliness that they have the option to add chicken meat to their otherwise vegan dishes. I don't know if it really helps their business or not, and I would like this restaurant to survive, but I wish some more places in Pittsburgh would stick to their guns and just be entirely vegan. Still, this was my favorite place to eat out in Pittsburgh, and I went there relatively often when I lived in da burgh. Their raw food is better than any I've had in San Francisco, for instance. It's equal to what I've had in Las Vegas and LA. Their nachos are killer. The pesto ravioli was sublime in the summer (made from zucchini). The deserts are nice. I've made better raw desserts at home myself, but it's equal to any I've bought out anywhere. Love eating a ton of food but not feeling gross afterward! Raw food rocks! In Pittsburgh!
Updated from previous review on Sunday February 10, 2013

AmandaBurk
AmandaBurk

amazing!

4 Posted on 09 / 09 / 2012

i overlooked this place for too long, you must try the nachos..simply incredible. i would give it five cows if happy cow would let me.

Pros: delicious, full of flavor , healthy
Cons: a bit far for me
plumerider
plumerider

vegan yumminess!

4 Posted on 07 / 11 / 2012

having just moved to pittsburgh, i was pleasantly surprised to find a restaurant that specializes in raw, vegan food that is moderately priced and is definitely DELISH!!!
my husband and i split an appetizer of vegan goat cheese over locally grown peaches - wow!!! we ordered two entrees to share and both were so good that we couldn't stop gushing about them throughout the entire meal. trust me when i say that a visit to Eden is definitely worth it. there was a nice mix of people in the restaurant and the servers were fast and friendly. will be back many, many times!

Pros: affordable, delicious, raw and vegan friendly
macmantrl
macmantrl

Awesome raw vegan food

4 Posted on 05 / 15 / 2012

Came here for the first time the other day. I ordered their $15 sampler, which gets you every single raw vegan item on the menu. That means a 9 course meal: 3 appetizers, 3 main entrees, and 3 desserts (although you get a pretty small portion of each, it was still enough to fill me up).
It was some of the best food I've ever had, and I'm not even raw.

pepperka
pepperka

Wonderful!

4 Posted on 12 / 28 / 2011

Wow, a true five-cow experience! (if only happy cow allowed five for a meat-options establishment)

Tried this place tonight while visiting family in Pittsburgh and am so thoroughly impressed. Their menu is mostly vegan, a lot of raw items, but they also have one or two meat dishes. They are super allergy-friendly, meaning they will work with you to ensure a great dinner no matter your specific needs. And the server we had was so fantastic, very attentive and helpful and very very knowledgeable about food. All around awesome, so here's hoping he gets the tips he deserves for doing such a great job.

The menu changes seasonally as they get tons of locally-sourced veggies, so I'm hesitant to rave too much about the specifics. But oh they were so good! Two of us got the raw sampler option, which was three courses of small tastes, three items per course. So basically we each got to try 9 items, for only $15. Incredible. Very small portions, but very filling in the end. They do some great things with flavors in the raw dishes, like the secret miso-sauce topping the cauliflower "mashed potatoes," or the decadent raspberry "cheesecake." One of our dinner party got the tempeh mole--I finished off the sauce he left behind. So warming and full-flavored... yummm.

If you enjoy eating veg or raw in Pittsburgh, Eden is not to be missed. You can even bring along friends who require meat at each meal! Also to note: byob :)

Pros: excellent raw vegan options, allergy-friendly, excellent server
Cons: limited hours

Dear Owner and Manager of Eden Pittsburgh:

Last updated: 2013/07/07

Added: 2011/01/02

Added by: juice box cafe