The first vegan bakery cafe in Frankfurt, open Apr 2012. Offers pies, cupcakes, muffins, and cookies along with coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. Has sandwiches. Also sells some shirts and bags showing animal rights prints and literature on the topic; plus sweets like chocolate bars and gummi bears. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Bakery, Western, German

First Review by Andrea249
wrathofmanatee
wrathofmanatee

cool spot

3 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2014

Good vegan cakes, decent coffee, nice staff, joker bar range for 2€, wifi, ode to trams. Definitely a nice little spot

Pros: cakes, coffee
ira
ira

Yummy

5 Posted on 11 / 10 / 2013

We went one Sunday afternoon and were positively surprised to have chocolate muffins straight from the oven and some really good hot chocolate. The atmosphere is light and cool, but still cosy. Given that the place is small we were happy to sit outside in the sunshine. We'll be back!

Pros: inviting atmosphere, yummy food, quite affordable
Cons: be early or nothing is left
Poppycat
Poppycat

Cool Cafe!

4 Posted on 11 / 08 / 2013

I went there in hot summer day. And they have iced coffee! It's rare in germany. I could choose milk from soy, almond or rice.
I love the cool decor of this cafe. Cozy sofa and couch with free Wi-Fi made me to stay there for long time.
I expected to have some vegan pastry like cupcake or cheese cake as I saw in their website. But when I went, there was only chocolate muffin and soft cookie with berries. I had a soft cookie and it was very good! I would go there again when they have other cakes.

Pros: Atmosphere, Variety of non dairy milk
Cons: limited pastry
Janet Doe
Janet Doe

Noble

4 Posted on 02 / 17 / 2013

Every time I'm going to Frankfurt I take a short trip to the Edelkiosk.
I really love the hot chocolate and the cakes. Especially everything with blueberries and coconut

Pros: Cakes and cupcakes, Hot chocolate and coffee, Ice cream
Cons: Atmosphere
NadineMueller
NadineMueller

Noble?

2 Posted on 12 / 30 / 2012

When I hear "Edelkiosk" I think of a noble kiosk / cafe. But furniture that has seen better days, no real possibilities to sit on a table and eat his / her dry and hard cake and an unpolite service is anything but noble. Sorry...

Pros: it's vegan
Cons: unpolite service, dry & hard cake, uncomfortable seating

veganjess86
veganjess86

Delicious, and awesome atmoshpere!

5 Posted on 12 / 07 / 2012

If you're anywhere near Frankfurt, and are vegan or not, go here and get a cupcake now! They are huge so bring your appetite. I tried a poppyseed one and another marzipan, both delicious. I love this atmosphere of this place, I meant to just swing by but got hooked by the comfy couches and all the lovely people in there for nearly 3hrs. It's easy to get to right between 2 stops on the U

Pros: atmosphere/couches, yummy food, bathroom decor
Dofer
Dofer

People in Frankfurt are lucky to have this place

5 Posted on 10 / 01 / 2012

I was in Frankfurt for a soccer game and then had to fly home. I had only two hours to spend between the game and the flight. I decided to spend them on visiting Edel Kiosk. It was worth every minute.

The chocolate cupcake with Banana was the best desert I have eaten in my trip to Germany, and the hot cacao was as good as hot cacao can be (and it can be very good). I also tried the quince cake, although I didn't even recognize the fruit. It was good and refreshing.

After two cakes and a cacao I decided I couldn't eat more, although I really wanted more. I will probably regret this decision forever. It was only yesterday, but I already miss the chocolate cupcake. I also miss the nice people and especially the nice little dog who was there, although I don't know if he is a regular there.

Even though it was my first and only day in Frankfurt, it was surprisingly easy to find the place, and it's few minutes walk from the 'Habsburgerallee' u-bahn station.

Pros: Delicious cakes, Friendly people
bhukit-tima
bhukit-tima

Outrageously delicious! :o)

5 Posted on 09 / 02 / 2012

Went to the Edelkiosk fpr the first time after having read so much about it. As I live pretty far away I had to wait until I was in Frankfurt for another reason.
The place is a bit remote, but once you're there you don't want to leave again. Nice and homey atmosphere, with a couple of 70s style sofas. You can enjoy a daily changing small selection of extremely delicious vegan cupcakes and cakes. To die for!
During weekdays you also get some savory treats.
We took home some more cakes and cupcakes to enjoy the following days.
This place is a BIG recommendation!

Dini
Dini

Vegan Bakery!

4 Posted on 06 / 18 / 2012

Yummy cup cakes and trifle cake slices. Soy milk available for hot drinks. Bit out of the way (near the zoo) but when you need a vegan cake.. you need a vegan cake! Note that it gets busy on the weekends (no seats) and savoury options are only available during the week. Very friendly english speaking staff. Recommended to take the short tram ride to the zoo and walk 10 mins up the road.

Pros: vegan bakery, friendly staff, cosy louge atmosphere
Cons: no savoury options on weekends
Andrea249
Andrea249

great cafe

4 Posted on 05 / 29 / 2012

Finally, a vegan Cafe in Frankfurt! I got so exited when I found out, that Edelkios is opening!
The staff is extremely nice
It is located in Ostend where I never go, unless I'm planning on visiting the Edelkiosk, so that's a bit inconvenient.
but the food there is absolutely amazing!
Definitely try their supcakes, they are great, as are their cakes.
It is a bit expensive, a piece of cake or a cupcake cost 2.50 euros, which eventhough once you eat it you totally forget about the money, but still...
the area is a bit dodgy, but the cefe itself is furnished very well and i really enjoy the atmosphere.
I you ever are in Frankfurt, I would definitely recommend making a detour to the Edelkiosk!

Pros: amazing food, great atmosphere, very friendly staff
Cons: location, pretty pricy

Dear Owner and Manager of Edelkiosk: