Store sells a selection of organic produce. Also gifts and products from the alpujarras. Alternative treatments available. more-less
Placeta de la Charca, S/N Albaycin
Granada, Spain 18010
+34-958-289797

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Tara HD
emmalm91
emmalm91

Lovely Shopkeeper

Posted on 10 / 17 / 2014

My main reason for walking up to Ecotienda la Charca was to find some kombucha. An earlier reviewer had said that this shop had a full case of it when she went, but it must have been done away with, because there wan't a complete case of kombucha - there was no kombucha at all. A little disappointing! Luckily the shopkeeper provided me with the phone number of a woman she knows who used to make her own kombucha; I'm hoping she still does and I can purchase some from her. Other than not having kombucha, the shop was quite small and had a limited selection of goods. Ecoteinda la Charca carries some necessities, some shoes and bags and other miscellaneous items, and very little produce.

Pros: Lovely shopkeeper, items from the Alpujarras
Cons: no kombucha, limited vegan selection, very little produce
magnificent70s
magnificent70s

just what I needed

Posted on 07 / 06 / 2013

I stumbled into this place on a hot afternoon and was delighted to discover in front of me a cold case of kombucha. the tienda is tiny, but there are a lot of great essentials packed into the space, ranging from soy yoghurt to muesli to tofu brewer's yeast. I asked the owner to help me find some vitamins because my diet here in spain has consisted of very few nutritive foods. I told her I was vegana and she painstakingly scoured the labels to ensure that she didn't sell me any capsules that weren't vegan. I walked away with a bottle of awesome multi vitamins and a b-complex pill. when I pulled a kombucha out of the case, she insisted that I take it as a gift. I was a very happy traveller that day!

Pros: great selection of supplements, kombucha!, excellent service
Cons: tiny, cluttered, no produce
Tara HD
Tara HD

Tiny place!

Posted on 01 / 17 / 2012

This place is tiny, thus certainly has no "extensive selection" of anything.

Cons: tiny, very small assortment

Dear Owner and Manager of Ecotienda la Charca: