Serves meat, veg options available. Bio coffee shop and bakery on Andrassy ut with a nice atmosphere and free Wi-Fi. There are sandwiches, salads, fresh juices, and coffee drinks (has soymilk). Beware that some desserts are labeled as vegan even though honey is used - ask. Price: Moderate more-less
Organic, Juice bar, Bakery, European, Hungarian, Non-veg
Andrassy Ășt 68 (near Oktogon)
Budapest, Hungary 1062
Now Open

Mon-Fri 7:00am-8:00pm, Sat-Sun 8:00am-8:00pm

First Review by darrenth

Vegan-Friendly? Not!

Posted on 01 / 06 / 2015

I went there a few weeks ago with a friend. I heard is was organic and vegan-friendly, so as a vegan myself I was rather excited to try it. There was meat, cheese, and buttery pastries laid out, and at the very end of the counter there was a tiny salad bar, offering greens, a limited amount of vegetables, and no vegan proteins whatsoever. I ate a plate of leaves and tomatoes with a shot of wheatgrass juice. Very disappointing experience.

Friendly, limited but nice vegan options.

Posted on 08 / 06 / 2013

I don't normally eat in non-veggie places, but am glad we came here.

Good smoothie, lovely iced coffee with soya milk, made a vegan & vegan mayo salad sandwich (would have been nice to have had something more interesting, but more pleased they knew what was ok for me, and took care to provide it).

Really friendly, chilled place. Well worth popping in.

Pros: Good soya coffee., Lovely smoothie., Freindly helpful staff, chilled atmosphere.
Cons: It's not all veg*n., Limited vegan sandwich choices, better for vegetar

Dear Owner and Manager of Ecocafe: