Store founded in 1981. Offers selections in vitamins, bulk grains and cereal, spices, baking needs, soy products, some vegan foods, natural soaps and toothpaste, and more. more-less

Mon-Wed 8:00am-5:00pm, Thu-Fri 8:00am-7:00pm, Sat 8:00am-4:00pm

First Review by seekerk
DebbiEgertRobinson
DebbiEgertRobinson

Great Selection

Posted on 06 / 11 / 2014

Was taken to this shop several years ago. Don't know why it took me so long to get back. Plan on going more frequently. Great selection of bulk grains. Prices are reasonable. Bought a large bag of raw organic almond to make almond milk. Carries alot of Organic food stuffs. Also a nice selection of vegan cheeses. Small selection of Lotions,shampoos etc... I agree about an earlier comment on the produce but since we are now in the nicer weather they were selling produce in front of the store.

Pros: Good selection, Great prices, Nice family run store
Cons: Hours
seekerk
seekerk

Saves money

Posted on 10 / 12 / 2007

I shop here weekly. Almond milk and soy milk are a dollar cheaper then in the grocery store. You can bulk buy things and special order items also. I have bought cases of green bars, so much cheaper then buying them at chain stores. Spices here are fresh. Pretty much everything is because this is a busy place.
It is not a health food store in the traditional sense, it is a country store. It is Amish run and caters to their tastes. Meaning They also have bulk candy and candy making items. They have many hard to find items for special diets, such as gluten-free, dairy-free diet, and sugar substitutes. Many organic items at affordable prices. Fell free to ask me about this place. It really is amazing how cheap the place is.
Well worth the drive.

Pros: will do special orders, inespensive, good choices
Cons: short hours, closed sunday
Guest
Guest

Best for bulk!

Posted on 03 / 10 / 2007

I'm surprised this little Mennonite country store is even on this website, but here it is! I've been shopping at Echo Hill for many years - it has (almost) everything you could need. Everything from organic chocolate chips to cereal to bulk packages of oatmeal and cereal to natural soaps and toothpaste are available for very reasonable prices. They have a nice refrigerated section which offers tempeh, soy cheese, soy deli meats and more. They also have a great selection of Rudi's Organic Bakery bread ... the best bread in the world! My only complaint is that they don't offer produce - it would definitely save me some time if they did. Oh well, I still shop here every week.

Pros: great prices, small and friendly, great selection
Cons: no produce

Dear Owner and Manager of Echo Hill Country Store: