Serves meat, veg options available. Cafe and restaurant that offers regional and Mediterranean food and fair trade coffee. Has vegan breakfast, a vegan menu with around 4 dishes plus a vegan buffet once a month featuring a faux meat like seitan-schnitzel or tofu-steak. Vegan options at weekend brunch (10am-3pm) with reservation required. Nice atmosphere, free Wi-Fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, German, Mediterranean, Buffet, Non-veg
Kartauserwall 7 (next to Chlodwigplatz subway station)
Cologne, Germany 50678
+49-221-800-4111
Closed Time

Mon-Sat 9:00am-12:00pm, Sun 10:00am-12:00pm

First Review by Winfried57
equinox84
equinox84

Lots of tasty vegan options at the buffet

Posted on 06 / 01 / 2015

Good service who immediately showed me which options at the buffet were vegan. All you can eat buffet at very reasonable prices. Definitely not my last visit here.

Laudi
Laudi

Good Food but Service is Lacking

Posted on 04 / 29 / 2015

Been here quite a few times for brunch and dinner and I really like their vegan food. Even though you might think the staff should be experienced enough to handle busy times, it always seems they are cought by surprise. Unfortunately, waiting times can get rather annoying, and the more people pour in, the less friendly the staff gets.

Pros: Good vegan food, Cozy Place
Cons: Staff not able to handle busy times
lafollia
lafollia

Amazing brunch

Posted on 02 / 15 / 2015

I've had their brunch express several times (eat as much as you like in our hour - no reservation possible) and I think it's a great deal. The choice is huge and none of my friends have ever been disappointed.

Most things are vegan or vegetarian and the few meat dishes are clearly labelled. Brunch includes things like Indian curry, cakes, waffles, cheeses, crèmes, all sorts of bread...

Nice location in the southern area of the city. Tables ouside, too.

Pros: Huge choice, Express brunch, Location

maraiya
maraiya

Not very tasty

Posted on 12 / 09 / 2014

I don´t know why everybody says that ECCO is so good! I´ve been there three times and I never liked it. I think for vegan food they don´t know how to use spices. For hamburgers you better go to Hans im Glück, the veagn burger is perfect! And for other tasty food e.g. to Past & Future.

StingrayMM20
StingrayMM20

Quite a variety!

Posted on 07 / 02 / 2014

ECCO is a meat serving place with a surprisingly big variety of vegetarian and vegan dishes (all easily recognisable through a mark). They all sound great. We had three different dishes and all of them were convincing, from the simple "currywurst" to the risotto with pumpkin oil, sun-dried tomatoes and rocket.
A bit pricey maybe, but still within range. The waitress was helpful all the way and much fun to talk to.

Pros: something for everyone, big outdoor area
Cons: meat dishes, located in busy area
cjs0607
cjs0607

Definitively unique

Posted on 09 / 17 / 2013

Of course, you've got to like the idea of offering meals for vegans, vegetarians and meat-eating people. I went there with a mixed group of all the mentioned "sorts" and I think that each of us had a fulfilling meal. Concerning the vegan stuff, they offer many different dishes and "even" cake which tasted excellent. Personally, I prefer to go to a purely vegan location. The staff was in a hurry and not too friendly, but maybe they had a bad day.

Tofuschnecke
Tofuschnecke

Lots of vegan options

Posted on 06 / 06 / 2013

They have LOTS of vegan options and everything I've tried was tasty. They even have a whole menu card with vegan Schnitzel! Only one of the desserts we tried (chocolate cake) wasn't really my thing, but my boyfriend liked it.
The brunch was ok but not great for vegans. But they offer a all vegan buffet every month (18,90€ per person) which I heard is fantastic.
Updated from previous review on Thursday June 06, 2013

Updated from previous review on Thursday June 06, 2013

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Vegan buffet once a month
Cons: Sometimes crowded and noisy, Also serve meat
Winfried57
Winfried57

Positive surprise

Posted on 07 / 14 / 2012

Well - I wasn't full of hope when I entered "ecco" first time - but surprise, surprise: I found more vegetarian - even vegan food I expected. The vegan meals are signed on the menue with a special vegan button - so you can have vegan noodles as well as soups or even breakfast... or CAKE!

At least it is a nice place to be - mostly crowded and a little bit louder (mothers with children) - they all like eccos food - and drinks! - I will visit "ecco" again as soon as I visit Cologne....

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly stuff
Cons: sometimes crowded

Dear Owner and Manager of Ecco: