Serves meat, veg options available. Previously a catering business; now a farm to plate eatery. Uses local farmer's markets produce. New dishes offered daily. Plenty of vegan options as well as gluten free items. EAT stands for Extraordinary Artisan Table. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, American, International, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by KatieB
Guest
Guest

Fun Menu

4 Posted on 11 / 10 / 2013

Went there with my two young children and a friend while out of town visiting. The staff was very friendly, and even brought around samples of a green smoothie, that was very good. Everyone enjoyed their meals, although the sweet potato salad and the quinoa salad we're not our favorites, that was just a matter of personal preference. I had no problem finding vegan options or making slight alterations (no cheese). The atmosphere was super fun with wooden tables and some picnic bench type seating as well as smaller table options. The water was self serve with pieces of pear and mint in it, which I thought was very fun. It was a little pricey with most entrées just over $10. But totally worth it!
Updated from previous review on Sunday November 10, 2013

Pros: Healthy, Friendly, Fun
Cons: Pricey
veganandorganic
veganandorganic

EAT at E.A.T.

4 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2013

This is a great place to eat with several vegan and vegetarian options. The specials change daily because they use fresh produce from local sources to develop their menu. It is a great farm to table place. The last time I was there they had a vegan mac and cheese (cashew nut) which I loved. There are always some vegan options for salads and/or sides. The food, friendly staff, family owned, supporting local all make this a great place.

There is not a whole lot of seating for a one on one date where you want privacy for the con. There are more big tables where you share the table if the place is busy.

Pros: Farm fresh food, family owned, supporting local
Cons: lack of tables for two, smallish portions
KatieB
KatieB

Not as Vegan friendly as I hoped

2 Posted on 08 / 20 / 2012

Walking in, you could tell the food was fresh and that the chefs took a lot of time and care with the menu; however, it was not as vegan friendly as I had hoped. The menu changes daily, based on what they buy from the farmer's market. When I inquired about vegan options, I was told that there was one vegan salad, and one portobello grilled sandwich that would be vegan if ordered without cheese. I ordered the sandwich, which arrived dripping with butter and mayonnaise. Now, I should have known better by now to be more meticulous about explaining veganism to people when I order, but the server responded so helpfully when I told her that I was vegan, that I had more trust that I should have. By all means, go and enjoy the fresh local food, but PLEASE be VERY clear that you want NO animal products, including butter, mayonnaise, and cheese when ordering. And be aware that there will be very few options depending on the day. I would recommend calling first.

Pros: Fresh, lovely food, Locally grown, Friendly service
Cons: Few vegan options, No understanding of veganism, changing menu can make it more difficult

Dear Owner and Manager of EAT Cafe :