Serves meat, veg options available. Will cater for special diets and always has vegetarian and vegan choices, vegan cake, soya smoothies. Previously at 12 Claremont. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Western, Fast food, English, Non-veg
Hastings Old Town (next to fishing beach)
Hastings, England TN34 1HA
01424-426768
Now Open

Mon-Fri 10:00am-4:30pm, Sat 9:30am-8:00pm, Sun 9:30am-5:30pm

First Review by cakefox
orangensaft
orangensaft

Good for children but better vegan options nearby

Posted on 06 / 10 / 2015

It's OK, although I would say there are much better vegan options in the area (most notably the sushi place). The food is nothing special, I have been there two or three times and not been very impressed, but it's good to have the option I guess. As mentioned in other views, be prepared for literally millions of kids!

Pros: child friendly cafe, location good for sea front attractions
Cons: vegan options not great
Miggi
Miggi

Vegan options available, Hastings seafront

Posted on 11 / 03 / 2012

The cafe has moved to the new building at The Stade near the Jerwood Gallery and the fishing huts on the seafront, from Claremont.
Vegan options such as vegan cheese panini, beanburgers, vegan cheese or mushroom pate sandwiches / baguettes / jackets are still available but I do think there is more emphasis on fish and tourist food since the move. I guess this is unavoidable in the location.
It is still VERY child-friendly, with toys and stuff provided, child seats, and child portions of most dishes available. Nothing has been done to deal with acoustics so it can be a bit irritating to eat-in unless you are also "blessed" with a brat. In the Summer there are tables and chairs outside.
There are more staff now and not all seem to understand vegan-ism, so last time I ordered vegan cheese panini they served it with coleslaw which isn't vegan. That kind of mistake never used to happen.
They also stopped making vegan pizzas, which was one of the finest things they used to do.
For vegans this place has really gone downhill!
Updated from previous review on Saturday September 06, 2008

Pros: Some vegan options in tourist area, vegan panini
Cons: Noisy, Staff lack knowledge, Stinks of fish sometimes
wildfang
wildfang

Eat!

Posted on 03 / 13 / 2012

This is a really nice place to go to, especially with children - it's so hard to find a children-friendly eatery in the UK so we were very happy to have EAT to go to during our stay in Hastings. There was a number of vegan options for ok prices. I had a big mixed salad which was very good and my partner chose the full English vegan breakfast that is served all day. We had a nice chat with the owner too and would certainly recommend this place to others.

Pros: children-friendly, friendly staff, atmosphere
Cons: not 100% veggie

Vegan-Globetrotter
Vegan-Globetrotter

Enjoyable lunch

Posted on 09 / 01 / 2009

We were in Hastings for bank holiday weekend and the most irritating thing is that the veg*n-friendly places all seemed to be closed for the majority of the time. This place was no exception. We finally managed to find the place open one day and had a lovely meal. We shared a soup; my boyfriend had a vegetarian filled roll and I had the vegan mini-pizza. It was nice but not really enough to fill me up. Great people but the place was a little too child-friendly for a young couple on a romantic weekend away - it was a bit too much like a creche; very noisy and kids running around with toys climbing all over the place. I think that is the purpose this place is supposed to serve though. In any event, we were pleased to find somewhere in the area that could cater for vegans.

Pros: vegan options, good food, friendly staff
Cons: too child-oriented
cakefox
cakefox

Nice vegan food but...

Posted on 10 / 13 / 2008

Eat do some nice vegan food for lunch such as a mini vegan pizzas. Unfortunately the place resembles a creche so if you want a peaceful lunch some takeaway food from Trinity Wholefoods which is just around the corner can be a better option.

Pros: Nice pizza
Cons: Too child friendly

Dear Owner and Manager of Eat at The Stade: