Vegetarian food, some using Ayurvedic recipes. Gluten free and dairy free dishes available. Confirmed open Feb 2012. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Western, Ayurvedic, Indian, Take-out
6 Caryota Crt., Coconut Grove (Dick Ward Drive)
Darwin, Northern Territory 0810

Modern Hippie
Modern Hippie

Great Little Vegetarian Cafe

4 Posted on 08 / 05 / 2014

Delicious food, friendly staff and a beautiful ambience. The only vegetarian café in town and does a great job servicing the community. I personally love the vegan roasted vegetable salad with hommus. Oh and the quinoa breakfast is AMAZING!!! Very generous portions :o)
Updated from previous review on Tuesday August 05, 2014

Pros: Generous Portions, Reasonably Priced, Great Ambience
Cons: Menu Rarely Changes
vegan louise
vegan louise

Good and bad

3 Posted on 08 / 17 / 2013

They have a few vegan items but it is not extensive. The pies were extremely yummy and the soup was fab. Too bad they don't seem to know exactly what vegan means as they served me butter and roll with the supposedly vegan soup meal. I did suggest nuttelex, but they weren't very interested! The salad with with roasted vegetables plopped on top was not impressive at all and I wouldn't recommend it! The attitude of the owner is a tad rude. Sitting outside is quiet pleasant and relaxing.

Pros: Yummy pie and soup, Nice ambience
Cons: Not overly interested in vegans
Niknakaroo
Niknakaroo

Definitely Vegetarian....

4 Posted on 10 / 03 / 2012

So I was led to believe these guys were a little more Vegan Friendly than they actually were.....having said that, they were lovely and accommodating.
They are not far from Darwin airport, so after I got off the plane STARVING, I headed straight there for a feed.
I ordered the carrot burger, however, they thankfully informed me the pattie contained egg (**sad face**)
New plan of attack.
I was reccommended the curried potato pastie and the Vegan sald, which were both sensational, and I couldnt have walked away a happier little Vegan!!
There was only one small gripe I had tho.....when I asked if there was anywhere else Vegan friendly I should try in town, they were very hesitant to help me out or recommend anywhere for me to go. We are all in the same boat here people....help a sister out!!
Otherwise, 2 thumbs up :)

imo
imo

Best Vego in Darwin

4 Posted on 12 / 13 / 2010

Martin's is by far the best vego cafe in Darwin...actually its the only vego cafe in Darwin. Still; relaxed atmosphere, good service (very good by Darwin standards) and consistently good healthy homestyle food at totally reasonable prices. Good sized portions (not too big) of curries, soups, pasties, salads etc. You absolutely HAVE to try Martin's gluten-free chocolate cake. Its a little hard to find and has quite limited opening hours but is totally worth it. I always feel happy, relaxed and nourished after brekkie/lunch at Martins.

Pros: Comfy atmosphere, Great tasting food, Healthy homestyle menu
Cons: A bit out of the way, Limited opening hours