Serves meat, veg options available. Serves 32 flavors of tofu tenders and also serves veggie burgers, seitan sandwiches, and daiya cheese for their pizzas, calzones, and sandwiches. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Italian, Fast food, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg

First Review by dch
slithers
slithers

Nice option if you're in the area

3 Posted on 06 / 24 / 2013

While I have never eaten there in person, I've had their delivery food on several occasions at parties. As far as comfort food goes, their vegan options are quite nice - last I had a pizza (w/ daiya) and tofu tenders (I think it was April) which were tasty.

My friends have had multiple problems with getting non-vegan items by mistake (they serve primarily meat/dairy options), which might be acceptable in an omnivore world, but is very bad for vegans who seek to avoid animal use (not only ingestion). I've heard they've gotten better about that, but I have a somewhat irrational fear of "substitutes" being "real" (and me not knowing the difference), so that's kept me from patronizing them.

I'd suggest extra emphasis on "vegan" for every food item whenever ordering from there.

Here's their website, so you can see their options/prices (click Menu): http://www.eatatjumbos.com/

Pros: many vegan "faux" options
Cons: vegan "substitutions" sometimes missed
stephaniebain
stephaniebain

Awesome vegan comfort food!

4 Posted on 03 / 09 / 2012

So many great vegan options-- pizza with dayia cheese, tofu tenders, seitan Italian sandwiches, french fries, and more. Best of all! FREE delivery!

Pros: Free Delivery, Vegan Comfort foods, Vegan Italian sandwiches
Kelseanna
Kelseanna

Delicious

4 Posted on 03 / 09 / 2012

Jumbo's is delicious! I recommend it to all Veg lovers! The only con is that it's in Somerville which is a little far for a Boston girl, but it's worth the transport!
Updated from previous review on Friday March 09, 2012

Pros: Excellent Food, Good Value, Friendly Staff
Cons: It's in Somerville

rachelatcheson
rachelatcheson

YAY VEGAN OPTIONS

4 Posted on 03 / 09 / 2012

This place is AWESOME mostly because it has a ton of vegan options, but also because it DELIVERS. this is absolutely fantastic, great restaurant, delicious vegan pizza

Pros: vegan options, delivery
Cons: far away from my house
LauraFaith
LauraFaith

Great Vegan Options!

4 Posted on 03 / 09 / 2012

They deliver awesome vegan pizza and have a TON of vegan options. It's great to find a restaurant that not only has plenty of vegan choices but is also willing to deliver directly to the customer.

dch
dch

So many veg options!

4 Posted on 03 / 09 / 2012

Wow! Talk about veg options--we're talking GIANT vegan daiya pizzas, tofu tenders, and awesome + filling subs. My former favorite food was anything buffalo, so I was beyond excited to find some vegan buffalo tenders here! They are also very environmentally conscious and a certified green business, which I appreciate.

Did I mention that they deliver? That about seals the deal. The management are very veg-knowledgable and friendly, and they go out of their way to provide a ton of options for us. Please support this business when you're looking for some comfort food or delivery!

Pros: tons of options, delivery, great pizza

Dear Owner and Manager of Eat at Jumbos: