Little, family-run Chinese food restaurant. Offers an extensive menu with different faux meats and has yum cha. Feb 2014 reported to be all vegan suitable. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Chinese, Cantonese, Asian, Take-out
Shop 8/90 Markeri Street, Mermaid Waters (Sunshine Blvd corner)
Gold Coast, Queensland

candybaaby
candybaaby

Never Disappoints

Posted on 04 / 06 / 2015

I absolutely love this place! When I'm not eating here, I'm dreaming about the next time I'll eat here! If I could, I'd eat here every day, it's that good.

The staff here are wonderful and super accommodating. I bring my omnivore friends here who have no idea how to use chopsticks & the staff will quite happily provide forks & spoons.

My favourite day of the week is Thursday as it's the $4 (ish) yum cha day where all plates are $4 (ish). My friend and I typically spend $30 on lunch and we always leave full. Staff are also nice enough to let us split the bill.

The restaurant opens nice and early for those like me who like to beat the lunch rush & get in early. The place is always clean. There's ample parking available in the area and enough seating if you aren't dining at peak hours.

The mock meat, authentic flavours, creativity & variety are what keeps me coming back. The food is so good!! What's better is the whole menu is vegan friendly so there's no need to read the menu thoroughly & ask a million questions all before nervously eating your meal hoping they aren't lying to you.

Pros: price, food, service
Cons: none!
Shaneyoung
Shaneyoung

best vegan restaurant on the Gold Coast

Posted on 08 / 28 / 2014

We are local vegans and this is our favorite vegan place to eat! Yum cha is a must but love pumpkin and pine nut rice with dim sims to compliment is mind blowing!

Pros: yum cha , high carb, low fat, taste
Cons: none
Vrymoet
Vrymoet

Always happy!

Posted on 03 / 16 / 2014

This is my favorite restaurant to go on the Gold Coast, it's almost embarrassing how often we eat out here. Their fake meat is the best I've eaten, you could take a non vego here and they wouldn't even know the difference! It's family run and the service is alway great they are some of the politest and friendliest people around! Really really recommend going here! 5/5

Pros: Lemon chicken

JewelMaule
JewelMaule

Awsome House Vegetation

Posted on 01 / 16 / 2014

Was extreamly happy to find this place. The all day yum cha is awesome. Very well presented food and I have not had anything from there I haven't liked. The staff are extreamly friendly and helpful.

Pros: great variety, reasonable price, friendly staff
Cons: old decor and signage
vegan louise
vegan louise

Love all the choices and yum cha

Posted on 08 / 17 / 2013

This is a great place for asian veg food and a yum cha.Huge variety of items, great if you like mock meats, most food is vegan.

Pros: Yum cha, huge variety, mostly vegan
Cons: Heavy on the mock meats
vegan_simon
vegan_simon

Yummy Yum Cha

Posted on 08 / 16 / 2013

Wow this place is excellent. We had a Friday yum cha lunch (but you can order dishes off the menu too). The place was busy with plenty of customers which is always a good sign. There was a great variety of food - too much to eat in one lunch so we will be back another day. The chili flat rice noodles, radish cakes, various dumplings, fried wontons, and so on, were delicious. The staff were friendly and the place is clean and pleasant. The oolong tea was nice too. Top notch!

Pros: great variety of food, reasonable prices, friendly staff
RobynPoppins
RobynPoppins

Like Tian Ran, but more oil!

Posted on 10 / 02 / 2012

Easy House is also Buddhist food on the Gold Coast. The menu is extensive and has some really great options! The fake meat, in particular the chicken, is delicious!! The portion sizes are generous so you can always keep for next days lunch. The food is really tasty and really satisfying, but I found the last time I ate here it was saltier and oilier than it needed to be. But definitely worth trying!

Pros: Excellent fake meats, Great variety, good service & fresh coconuts!
Cons: oily and salty
AmandaJayne
AmandaJayne

Easily recommending Easy House!

Posted on 08 / 24 / 2012

As visitors to the Gold Coast, four of us (two vegans / two omnivores) thoroughly enjoyed the Easy House experience! We were thrilled to be told that all meals were vegetarian as well as egg and dairy free, and enjoyed a huge range of Yum Cha choices. The restaurant was clean and popular during the Saturday lunch time we were there, yet all patrons were seated and served straight away. Cost effective, incredibly fresh, and healthy; I wish I lived closer so I could visit more often!

Pros: Range of options, Very fresh, Fast service
ekendra
ekendra

nice chinese mock meat place

Posted on 05 / 26 / 2012

I've come here several times. They serve vegetarian mock meat dishes.

The staff are very friendly and the food is delicious.

I like the spicy "chicken" laksha the best.

They told me that everything on the menu is vegan which I was happy to hear.

The decor isn't flash but its a good place for a feed. Go on Thursdays when yum cha is discounted.

vegan mikal
vegan mikal

A Whirlwind Lunch

Posted on 04 / 25 / 2012

We came to Easy House for lunch on a Thursday and were pleasantly surprised to find that all yum cha offerings were the same price: $3.80. That meant that most items on their large menu were up to 25% cheaper! This happens only on Thursdays, but given that the place was packed, this discount is clearly a drawcard.

The food was fresh and vibrant and was brought out straight from the kitchen to the table. If we liked the look of what was on offer, we took the treats (the plates/pots contained 3/4/5 pieces each). We found the service as it should be in a yum cha venue: the dishes are brought around to every table and are marketed there and then! If you don't buy what is offered, the table next to you probably will. It is not rude; that's just how things are done in the Chinese culture. There was no pushiness involved whatsoever. Nobody walked off with a huff when we refused certain offerings.

Unfortunately, there were far too many yummy treats on offer (even the custard buns are now made vegan, which means every bit of yum cha can now be enjoyed by vegan patrons), and though we tried to limit how many dishes we ate, we still managed to take 10 of them (for three of us). So lunch wasn't that cheap, but it was surely unforgettable.

For a quick, easy, and tasty lunch - and a new experience for many, it seems - Easy House is just what the doctor ordered. It might not be cheap, but vegan yum cha is rare in Oz, so it's definitely worth a try, even as a one-off. Thursday seems to be the day to visit there.

Pros: Price on Thursday, flavour, novelty
Cons: Price on other days
Vegan-Winter
Vegan-Winter

Getting better

Posted on 04 / 02 / 2012

The food is very good. The first time we went though i got fried dumplings that had a very big thick rubber band inside them. Unfortunately i did not see it when served and i actually nearly choked on it. We told the owner and she did not seem to care... I had another friend find a very hard plastic piece in her dumpling too, and again they did not seem to care. We have been back since and i will say we have found no other objects as such in our food. The food is good so i guess we will be back again.

Cons: surprises in your food.
Bianca green girl
Bianca green girl

Fast simple but not flash

Posted on 01 / 07 / 2012

Good yum cha but on the simple side, service a bit pushy, not much atmosphere, good on the run.

Pros: Fast
Cons: Zero atmosphere , Yum service a bit pushy
  • Vegan-Winter Vegan-Winter

I agree. Service is so pushy! it stresses me out! I just want to relax and eat without the owner pushing so hard every few mins for us to pick up something else..even though we are have a table full of food!

Neerga
Neerga

Easy & Delicious

Posted on 11 / 30 / 2011

I eat here often, usually for Yum Cha but I have ordered from the menu too. The vegan Yum Cha is fantastic, with authentic flavours and is extremely convenient. The steamed dumplings are delicious (especially the coriander ones and the asparagus ones) while the fried ones are good too (particularly the Raddish balls, taro dumplings, BBQ pork). The fried rice noodles with XO sauce is another standout dish. The service is good and the staff are very friendly.

Pros: Convenient, Affordable, Great food
Cons: Can sometimes be a bit greasy
CandiceCaruso
CandiceCaruso

Gotta love Easy House

Posted on 09 / 15 / 2011

I have been to eat at this restaurant many times. I enjoy eating here very much, they have OK service but the food is fantastic and vege-friendly. My grandfather actually thought the mock-chicken was real duck...until we told him that there was no meat at the table that night.

Pros: good food, non-vego's can tell the difference
Cons: service could be improved
yoshiko
yoshiko

Fantastic vegan restaurant!

Posted on 08 / 12 / 2011

I just loved this restaurant! I wrote about this restaurant in my blog, please check it out to see how wonderful the restaurant is! highly recommended

Pros: fresh , tasty , many variety

Dear Owner and Manager of Easy House: