Serves meat, veg options available. Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner includes vegetarian-friendly options such as the Mediterranean platter, moussaka, tamari tofu, falafel wrap, vegan soup, and organic blue corn pancakes. Open interior with also deck seating. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, American, International, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

weffinger
weffinger

One of Our Favorites in Santa Rosa

Posted on 03 / 16 / 2014

This is one of our favorites when we are in Santa Rosa. We have tried every vegetarian item on the menu, and have yet to be disappointed. We especially like the vegan chocolate cake for desert.

Pros: Atmosphere, Staff, Food
vegancookie
vegancookie

Great mediterranean

Posted on 02 / 18 / 2012

I always enjoy going to East West. It is a little out of my price range (which isn't saying much) but it has good food and great decor. They even have vegan cake sometimes!

Pros: vegan cake
Cons: cost
cramage
cramage

East West Cafe = Great Environment!

Posted on 09 / 13 / 2011

I love their food! My favorite dish is the Mediterranean Falafel platter. It comes with all the sides and pita bread. It is to die for! the Moussaka is amazing! Try their breakfast dishes and you will have leftovers for lunch.

kerriluv
kerriluv

Tasty

Posted on 12 / 07 / 2008

When you read the legend it's pretty easy to figure out that the symbol next to the menu item means vegan, vegi, or other things. But if necessary, just ask and they usually are happy to help.
On another note, I have been going there occasionally now for a couple years. It has always had pretty friendly servers so not to many complaints except when they changed the time that they stop serving breakfast on the weekends and still had the old time posted on the door(and they wouldn't make me and my little girls breakfast)! But you can't really blame the owners for a stubborn waiter.
When I ate eggs I did like their breakfasts, but now that I don't there isn't much on that part of the menu to eat so I just have them make me a breakfast burrito with their black beans, potatoes, rice, salsa and avocado(pretty good :P). The over all flavor I'm getting from different things on the menu is Indian, but mild. Not to overwhelming so the unexperienced at eating Indian food usually finds the food interesting but in a good way.
A lot of the items on the rest of the menu can have the cheese taken off or no meat or butter to make vegan. They are pretty accommodating if you just let them know if you are either vegan, vegetarian, no dairy, no ovo or what have you. You are going to pay a bit more than your average hole in the wall but I think it is worth going there once in a while knowing that the food is good and the service is nice.
If you want a good recommendation for a vegan item try the tostada dish, it's a salad on top of hummus, black beans, avocado(I'm forgetting something) and a side of citrus dressing (I leave off). They also make a mean double soy mocha.

Pros: vegan, vegi friendly, healthy and organic choices , great portion sizes
Cons: price is a tiny bit more than I prefer , I'd like to see more vegan meals
kindlizard
kindlizard

Great service

Posted on 08 / 11 / 2007

The best thing about this place was the service!!!! They had to find out what (few) vegan options there were. I likely wouldn't go back, it was like 2 things and I think it was a bland tofu dish. I think they try though so that's worth something. The servers were awesome though. Nice to say hi to a friendly face while on the road.

Pros: SERVICE
Cons: taste, vegan selection

Dear Owner and Manager of East West Cafe: