Vegan bakery run by a husband and wife team. Treats with no animal products, no hydrogenated oils, no cholesterol. Cookies, muffins, pies, brownies, cupcakes. more-less

First Review by tdawg
Rambling Vegans
Rambling Vegans

Such Great Vegan Bakery!

5 Posted on 03 / 22 / 2014

East Side Ovens is in a lot of stores around the Milwaukee area and you can visit their location on Saturdays, as well. They have a lot of variety on Saturday mornings- pies, cookies, dumplings, bread, buns, cinnamon rolls and occasionally have pot pies & sloppy joes. Everything we've had from them is delicious!

Pros: Excellent Treats, Good Value, Friendly Staff
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Best vegan brownies in the Midwest!

5 Posted on 04 / 04 / 2010

Best vegan brownies in the Midwest! (or anywhere else I've tried)

East Side Ovens Bakery was a clear find during my visit to Milwaukee. The owner was very friendly, everything at ESOB is completely vegan, and the prices were unbelievably reasonable (I got 3 things for only $5). The cherry turnover/danish was pretty good, as was the sugar cookie; however, the vegan brownie was the highlight of my visit. This was, by far, the best vegan brownie I've ever had. To give you an idea, it resembled the cake brownie with frosting and tasted like the real deal. I will definitely come back to ESOB during any Milwaukee visit. (Be mindful of the hours, as they're only open to the public on Saturdays from 8AM to 1PM)

saki7sura
saki7sura

• raw

Yummy Treats

4 Posted on 11 / 06 / 2008

Love that it's a 100% vegan bakery and extremely close to my house. Very "RAW" atmosphere (the oven is the focal point when you walk in), and a pick-up only place. Ingredients are listed on almost everything. Friendly service, and very tasty food. I got a tomato basil bagel which was by fare the best bagle ever! Nothing on it, not even toasted, didn't need it. I also got a pumpkin muffin which was even better, but I scraped off the frosting because I do not by any means have a sweet tooth, and even though it was vegan was just way over done. Limited hours but well worth the wait all week:)

Pros: very fresh, friendly staff, good value
Cons: small place, limited hours, too sweet
tdawg
tdawg

Vegan Treats

5 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2008

East Side Ovens has such a variety of delectible goodies. The owners are SO friendly and we usually find them at the Southshore farmer's markets throughout the summer. They are outstanding members of the vegan community and such hard workers!
You feel like you are sinning, but you're NOT. Their bakery is so much healthier.

Pros: Very nice people, vegan bakery!, large size portions

Dear Owner and Manager of East Side Ovens Bakery: