Opened in October 2012, this is a vegetarian fast food cafe offering American food like veggie burgers and hot dogs, fries, quiche, and desserts. The meatless products (burgers, sausages, nuggets) are organic. Seats 20. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, American, Fast food, Take-out
60 bd Voltaire (metro Saint Ambroise)
Paris, France 75011

Open hours vary, call.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by mandml
Neurogrind
Neurogrind

The best veganburger in Paris!

5 Posted on 08 / 08 / 2014

I return at East Side Burgers after one year and I can say they are the best! Personally, their french fries are sublime!
VxExGxAxNx!!!

Pros: All!!!
Pamy
Pamy

best burger

4 Posted on 05 / 08 / 2014

nice vegan burgers!!
dont go mad on desserts, most aren t vegan! only 2 burgers available per day (most of the times only 1 is vegan.... :'(((( why ?!)
not for a romantic date. but for a good burger that s the place!

Pros: mmmmmm, loyalty card
Cons: not organic, basement sitting, only 2 burgers per day :(

MaximeDo
MaximeDo

One of my favorite place

5 Posted on 03 / 16 / 2014

I tried East side Burger a year ago, and i like it.
Good buns and fries :)

UtGenomRutan
UtGenomRutan

Nice place with excellent service!

4 Posted on 02 / 20 / 2014

Small but cosy restaurant with many vegan choices. Excellent service who talked to us right away and asked if we were vegetarian or vegan. I took a tofu burger and it was really nice!

Pros: Service, Good food
Cons: a bit dry hamburger bread
Mbt
Mbt

Amazing 'ham'burgers!

5 Posted on 02 / 15 / 2014

Friendly staff and great food! You can take out but also eat in. It has about six tables, and looks quite nice. A menu for only 10 euro (a burger at your choice, soda and fries)

OwlElixir
OwlElixir

great food

4 Posted on 01 / 13 / 2014

Staff were friendly, food was great and tasty. Stands out in Paris, well worth a visit.

Pros: vegan options, range of local beers, patient with mangled french
Cons: downstairs a bit crowded
Kaari
Kaari

East Side Burgers

5 Posted on 01 / 13 / 2014

Definitely a busy place, when we went there a few minutes after they opened (they open at noon)for a quick lunch. We decided to eat our lunch outside, when we left with our food there was a huge line of customers outside already. Friendly staff, very tasty food! It is nice to have these options available once in a while, even if they're unhealthy. We had a Le basque burger and a vegan hotdog with cheese. Both were excellent.

jencompgeek
jencompgeek

Great Vegan Burger

4 Posted on 12 / 05 / 2013

The line was out the door when we arrived for lunch, but the burger definitely made it worthwhile. We had the vegan Forriester, and the vegan cheddar and sauteed onions were very tasty. I agree with other reviewers that some type of special sauce would have enhanced the flavor, but I'm a ketchup addict so that suited me fine. The fries were good, and the price was right. Definitely the best veg burger I've had in a while.

Pros: tasty vegan burger, inexpensive
Cons: limited seating, long line
Zmeika
Zmeika

Not bad

3 Posted on 11 / 07 / 2013

I ordered a burger with the mushrooms "Forestier", it was pretty good mix. Although I was expecting some home-made sauce with it, not the ketchup. Instead of fries, I took a kale salad. Also a bit dissaponted, there was no kale, but tomatoes, salad, cucumbers and the corn from the can. Everything looked as a processed food from the supermarket.
In any case, they buy vegan cheese and the burgers in "Un Monde Vegan", I would prefer if they create something more healthy and personal.
For the vegan desserts, there were some cookies and a sorbet.
To finish, ppl who work there were very friendly.

Pros: Near the metro
Cons: Not many burgers in the menu, A bit expensive, Processed food
MicalLex
MicalLex

Really good burgers

4 Posted on 10 / 24 / 2013

I've been to Paris this summer and gladly found this restaurant on the internet before. It was worth the visit.

Friendly staff (even if there are some language barriers) and one of the best burgers and fries I've ever eaten. So I went there a second time. Unfortunately there are just two (of four) burgers available per day. So I didn't get to taste another one than the "Le basque" (which wasn't bad at all). Maybe next time I have more luck.

It seems to be a popular place since most of the tables were occupied when I went there. Next to a metro station you get there very easily. You won't regret it.

Oh, and there are seperate trash cans for different waste.
Updated from previous review on Thursday October 24, 2013

Pros: tasty burgers, nice music (Red Hot Chili Peppers e.g.), english speaking staff
Cons: quite narrow, few tables, not all burgers available daily
JonJon
JonJon

Not always fast but good food!

3 Posted on 10 / 24 / 2013

I ate in East Side Burgers several times, and in different occasions. If you want to eat fast, you should avoid classical lunch and dinner time because the restaurant is limited in terms of available seats and ordering area. Which means you will probably experience a long queue before you can order and will find no seats available in the very cute room, downstairs.
However, the place is very practical to eat at "unofficial" time. You can also take the cookie-unlimited coffee menu in the afternoon and work (there is free wifi) or discuss / play cards or other with friends.

In terms of food, the quality is usually constant and good. French fries are really excellent, vegan desserts, such as small pies, also. Burgers are good but too dry if you do not add a lots of mustard and/or ketchup. They could also be bigger but the size is just ok. They have vegan cheese for their burgers, so do not forget to precise you want a vegan menu. Hot dogs are a good option to complete your menu if you're very hungry.

In terms of prices, they are fair (maybe a little bit expensive) but it is interesting to use their loyalty card because you can have quite quickly a free dessert or a free drink.

Pros: excellent fries and vegan pies, vegan options for burgers, affordable if using the loyalty card
Cons: usually crowded, relatively small portions, dry burgers
MarieV23
MarieV23

Pure joie

4 Posted on 09 / 27 / 2013

Niveau végé, on est pas mal gâtés à Montréal alors c'est un peu la galère depuis que je suis arrivée à Paris. Heureusement, il existe plein d'endroits géniaux comme East Side Burgers pour compenser l'abus de sandwich baguette-viande-fromage qu'on retrouve partout. Non seulement les burgers sont goûteux, mais on peut avoir l'option faux-mage pour les vegan. Les gens sur place sont ultra gentils et la décor est accueillante. Je vais clairement y retourner avant mon départ. Je vous recommande fortement pour ceux et celles à la recherche de comfort food 100% végé!

Pros: Food, Deco, Staff
Tofuschnecke
Tofuschnecke

Nice Place with Great Fries!

4 Posted on 09 / 19 / 2013

Good place for lunch when visiting Marais. The vegan Burger (Popeye) was yummy, the croquettes very tasty (can't compare as I never ate those before) and the fries perfect! Only the tomato/tofu quiche was rather bland, which was a little disappointing as I hoped that I get a good vegan quiche in France but I had much better in Germany. Price is ok (9€ for burger, fries, drink) and staff very friendly. Nice location, too.

Pros: friendly staff, tasty fried stuff, location
Cons: Not all vegan, quiche
SimonSansMS
SimonSansMS

Junk food for all.

5 Posted on 08 / 26 / 2013

En plus d'être franchement sympa, le staff envoie les meilleurs veggie burgers de la capitale, tout simplement... Ah, et les hot dogs aussi sont très bons.

FetchkaMafiosi
FetchkaMafiosi

where's the b from burger?

2 Posted on 08 / 10 / 2013

I totally agree with the review of "demonika" posted on 01 / 19 / 2013.

Pros: nice fries
Cons: bad burgers
Alejandro G
Alejandro G

Disapointing

2 Posted on 07 / 28 / 2013

I have been there twice, both time the burgers have been less than good. The toppings are different but not very generous, fries were soggy/cold.

beegantravels
beegantravels

Brush Up On Your French Beforehand

3 Posted on 07 / 11 / 2013

True to French stereotypes, I was told I needed to learn French after telling the waitstaff I couldn't read a French menu. However, the man serving me spoke English very very well and the burger I had was good. My burger, fries, and a drink came to about €9, I think.

IsabelleTamm
IsabelleTamm

My first hot dog in a long time

5 Posted on 07 / 06 / 2013

I went to this place really hungry and glad I did. I ended up ordering a vegan hot dog with fries and a drink because I can't go out and buy a vegan hot dog where I live so I made the most of it for my last night in Paris. After much confusion over the eftpos minimum 13 years instead of 13 euros. I went and ate my food on a bench as I luckily arrived 10 mins before closing time and it was the delicious, i got some amused looks from passers by as i eagerly ate my hotdog with mustard, onions & ketchup and crispy fries.

So good, highly recommend it if you want vegetarian/vegan fast food that's delicious.

Pros: Great food, Fast friendly service, Well priced
Cons: There are none
DanielAmaral
DanielAmaral

worth a visit

4 Posted on 05 / 16 / 2013

Well, I ordered everything I could from this place 'cause I got there really starving. The vegan quich was good, but, let's say, could be better. The nuggets were awesome and the burguers were quite good. If you are into vegan junk food, I really recommend this place. Please don't go there expecting something healthy hehehe

Pros: good nuggets, good burguers
SoniaS
SoniaS

Best veggie burger and fries I've ever had!

4 Posted on 05 / 15 / 2013

I went there for the first time today 2013-05-15. It was very easy to find, I just took the metro to Saint-Ambroise and got out at the sortie number four, as they indicate on the website. For me, who HATES walking around forever trying to find hidden vegetarian restaurants in Paris ('cause most of them are really hidden in alleyways), that is a HUGE plus!

I didn't know this before, but apparently they only have two burger options available per day. I took the Basque-burger with fries, and they told me to go down while they prepared it for me. I went down, but unfortunately it's not spacious at all so you have to be lucky to get a table - which I was! While waiting I found that they have free and very well-working WiFi, which is another big plus for me! After about five minutes they called my name in a speaker and I went up again to get my food.

The food was... AMAZING! This is by far the best vegetarian burger I've ever had, and I can promise you that I've tried a loooot of burgers! It was cheesy, salty (almost tasted a bit like bacon in there), juicy and delicious. The burger was a HUGE hit, I'm definitely going back for more someday. And the FRIIIES... Oh gosh! So crispy. Incredibly crispy, thick and salty. Just like I like them! Probably the best fries I've ever had in my life. I wanted more more more more.

This might sound like I'm exaggerating, but I'm really not. I loved this place. I wish it was bigger, and I wish they had more to choose from, but... Can't really complain, honestly. It was amazing. Definitely going back soon.

Pros: Delicious food, Easy to find, Free WiFi
Cons: Very small restaurant, Small menu
Chrissie*Stein
Chrissie*Stein

Burgers on the Boulevard

5 Posted on 04 / 12 / 2013

As a fairly new resident in Paris and a long time vegetarian, this veggie burger joint is a place that I frequent on a regular basis... a very good sign for this also fairly new location.

Why do I return so frequently? The food is fresh, there are vegan options, the fries are golden and crispy and the ambiance is easy-going and convivial.

However, one should not confuse this veggie burger joint for a health food destination... au contraire, it is the vegetarian's dream come true of new age diner... where no meat has ever and will never touch the grill!

Go hungry and eat well!
Updated from previous review on Friday April 12, 2013

Pros: Very fresh ingredients, Crispy fries, Friendly owners and cooks
Cons: A bit on the small side, Not much outside dining , Not a gluten-free destination
YvesFrajberg
YvesFrajberg

Best Burgers in Town

5 Posted on 04 / 12 / 2013

hey,
So this fairly new location offers a great alternative for vegetarians who want a burger in Paris with freshly cooked ingredients....
there's always a choise between 2 diferent burgers and homemade fries or coleslow....
a bit too crowded on the week ends ( victims of their success i guess)but otherwise a great burger joint for the vegetarians in east side Paris :-)

Pros: fresh food, tasty food, friendly cooks and employees
Cons: very small, crowded on the week ends, closed on monday
Georgina
Georgina

Good vegan fast food

5 Posted on 03 / 26 / 2013

Really cute little place with character; small basement for eating and only two outdoor tables, but it's a fast food place so turnaround is quick - we didn't see anyone wait. The food was really good and the fries were excellent (in pleated bags too!), although only two of the burgers were available, and only one of which was vegan. This was 4pm on a Saturday so a bit surprising. They sell Moo Free Chocolate too, but I didn't have room to try the desserts... Staff were friendly and it had wifi and a nice loo, with gentle rock music in the background. I'd definitely go back.

Pros: Great fast food option, Nice cute venue, Friendly
Cons: Not much seating
Notre-Dame
Notre-Dame

Not the best burger in town...

3 Posted on 03 / 21 / 2013

I like the idea, but I do not like the result. The place smells like cooking oil, and it should not be in a hurry! It's slow ... Basement room is very small, and it is difficult to settle for eating. I feel that there is not much homemade in this fastfood restaurant. The burgers are okay, but not great. It is a little bland.

Pros: Good value, Friendly Staff
Cons: Smelly place, Tasteless, Wait
demonika
demonika

where's the b from burger?

2 Posted on 01 / 19 / 2013

so i've finally tried them! my review is concerning the burger menu only (burger and french fries)cos this is supposed to be their main domain. I had Le oriental.
the burger itself is very small, it's very dry cos there is no sauce except the dry houmous, the condiments are not really grilled or seasoned so actually i had few dead slices of aubergine and zuchini with my slice of tofu burger. the tofu burger itself is not very interesting. so if you don't have a good main ingredient you should fancy up the other ones, and "east side burgers" is not doing it.
there was no love in my food, no juicyness and no nice aromas. So yes indeed they can be called a real conventional fast food. Silly me, I expected that they would be fabricating their own vision of a nice vegetable based burger, that food is more important than fast and that they would be guided by some higher organoleptic standards than the ones I've experienced while eating their food.
Fresh ingredients take up probably the smallest area in their kitchen cos I haven't seen any, so they must be hiding them. No lettuce and no tomato at sight. The burgers are ready made bought in boxes, ketchup and mayo are displayed for the customers to use them, no home-made sauces, cheese is the precut one, glasses and cutlery is disposable, place is tiny so there is not much to clean. So I don't understand how they can't find the time to at least grill those few slices of garnish properly cos they might just save the meal. Just.
But it's the fries that save the meal. Fries are very good. Not too salty, nicely crunchy, and wery well fried cos they're not heavy in oil. So apparently they have more respect for fries than they have for the burgers.
What looks made with attention are the cakes (some home-made), which I haven't tried, but this is not patisserie/bakery, it's supposed to be burger place.

Resume: I felt like I was paying for the decoration and the rent, not for the food. And the price of 6euros for that tiny piece of less than average is a rip-off. They have no respect towards their burgers.
Choice of drinks is [edit by staff]- coke and friends.
Well the concept is sweet rock cafe I guess. There you go- raping burgers and exploiting them by placing them in the name of the establishment with some smell of rock in the background.

Make good food even if you do it for business.

Pros: meatless, clean warm toilet, nice fries
Cons: bad burgers, high price for qlt, disposable tablewear
  • FetchkaMafiosi FetchkaMafiosi

I totally agree with you.

mononoke
mononoke

yummy burgers !

4 Posted on 01 / 07 / 2013

day 2 in paris and we went to eastside burgers. we tried two different kind of burgers with fries and it was really tasty ! i would def. go again.

it reminds me like a vegan place in berlin a bit :)

Pros: good prices, good food, nice staff
tastella
tastella

Great experience

5 Posted on 12 / 10 / 2012

This restaurant's comfort food (I had the quiche, fries, and a hot dog, and a tartellette for dessert) was *especially* comforting and yummy on the cold, wet December day of my visit. It may seem funny to some, but the fries stood out for me; they were crispy and delicious. The service was very friendly, also, and they were happy to speak English to me, which was helpful because of my limited French.

Pros: friendly service, great fries, pleasant atmosphere
yourfacehxc
yourfacehxc

Solid veggie burger spot by Republique

4 Posted on 12 / 06 / 2012

This is a solid burger spot over by Republique. The burgers themselves are tasty soft patties on a brioche bun then offered with a number of topping options.. they only had two left the day I went. Tried le basque which was nice but I think they forgot the cheddar cheese or there was very little on it. Truth be told, I thought 6 euros for the burger was a bit steep.. not outrageous but I wouldn't be willing to pay more for something like that. On the other hand, I thought the frites were fantastic and well priced at 2.50 euros. The right amount of crispiness and great flavor. Those were the highlight for me. The restaurant itself is small and modest.. there's a small basement area with seats in addition to a couple tables directly in front along the sidewalk. I'll be back next time I'm in Paris for the frites alone.. maybe a burger too.

Pros: Frites, Great burgers, English speaking
Cons: Expensive burgers, Seating area
astro
astro

fast with a tight squeeze

3 Posted on 11 / 12 / 2012

Although the burger was good, the quiche also, their vegan apple tarts delicious, it is sometimes not such fast food because of a long queue and a tight squeeze to be in that same queue. Prices reasonable, and it's yummy to go there but nothing exceptional. Vegan choices can be limited depending on the burger choices (2 per day), but the quiche is always vegan. Unfortunately the side of coleslaw isn't, so there is no fresh vegan side. Staff are friendly. Afternoon tea deal - 2 cakes and unlimited coffee.
Impossible not to smell fried as ventilation isn't brilliant (in winter at least). Cute dining room downstairs, has wifi.

Pros: yummy, friendly, good value
Cons: limited vegan choice, fried smell
Wine Lover
Wine Lover

Good burgers

4 Posted on 11 / 10 / 2012

The two burger options today were Fromager and Oriental. I had fries and the vegan version of the oriental which was pretty tasty but the service was quite slow.

There were three vegan quiches on offer, we took two slices away - tofu & onion and aubergine - but both looked much better than they tasted. There were also vegan cookies which we did not try.

There is a small table outside and around five tables (and a toilet) in the basement.

The opening hours for this week were posted on the website so it is best to check there as this week at least they are NOT open on Sunday.

OneNightStanzas
OneNightStanzas

Quick, cheap, cheerful, tasty, greasy!

4 Posted on 10 / 17 / 2012

My bloke and I headed right across the city to check this place out, as it was a Sunday and lots of other vegan places are closed on Sundays in Paris. Unfortunately this meant it was super, super busy (especially as it was raining out), but fortunately we got a small table in their tiny downstairs seating area.

He tried the "tofu steak" burger with tomatoes and peppers and I had the Forestiere burger which was mushroom-based (I'd wanted their Oriental burger but they were sold out). We each had the menu du jour so our burgers came with fries and a bottle of water. Both burgers were good -- sufficiently greasy and proper fast food style! They came with vegan cheese which was nice and flavoursome and melty. The fries were nice if a little overdone, but we *did* come in right at the end of the lunchtime rush. Overall we thought the food was great, and the price was good too -- nine euros for the menu option of burger, fries and drink.

This place is hot, hectic and noisy but that vibe is kinda cool. The soundtrack while we were there was alternative covers of classic oldies which was pretty cool. The seating space is cramped but simple and clean, and the toilet facilities are very clean and really good! There are also a few seats outside under an awning.

Our only error with this place was heading across town specifically to go there... there aint much else of interest in the area AT ALL! So if you're Metro-ing out there for a burger you may just want to Metro right away again. But this aint the restaurant's fault!

Final note: the staff were nice, spoke English, and had badass tattoos. The service was remarkably prompt given how busy it was. Yay!

Pros: Yummy greasy fast food vegan burgers!, Great value for money, Cool staff, good service
Cons: Very small seating area, Quite hectic - not for the fainthearted!, Best thing about the neighbourhood!
  • astro astro

Nothing to do with the restaurant but just so as people aren't discouraged, 5 mins walk up the road and you are in one of the liveliest hoods of Paris, young vibe, lots of bars, restaurants, live music and galleries! 15 mins in the other direction, you're in the Marais. If this is your thing, then it's a good location. I hope next time you guys can enjoy the area more :-)

jcberger
jcberger

yummy but not healthy!

4 Posted on 10 / 10 / 2012

I went to the restaurant on its opening day and enjoyed the atmosphere even though it was crowded and a little hectic. They only have two tables outside and limited seating downstairs but the restaurant is clean and nicely decorated- very similar to a nice burger joint in NYC.

The burgers are very yummy and I particularly liked the vegan cheese, which was melty and could have easily fooled any dairy-eater! The bun was slightly burnt on one side, but this may be a kink they'll work out. There could have been more veggies on the burger, but this is fast food after all! The burgers smell like meaty fast food burgers, and I'm sure that even a non-vegan/vegetarian would love them.

I tried two vegan desserts: an apple almond tart and peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies. The tart was good but not great, and the cookies were very good; the chocolate was delicious.

This place is unlike other restaurants I've been to that serve veggie burgers because it is NOT supposed to be healthy; it is truly fast food! If you are looking for a wholesome meal with lots of healthy veggies this is not the best place to go. If you want a quick, cheap (for Paris), satisfying burger, fries, and an American dessert then East Side Burgers is a great choice.

The only negative is that they do serve some animal products. The restaurant could, in my opinion, do just as well without serving any products of cruelty. Vegan baked goods and delicious vegan cheese would more than suffice! I don't think anyone would miss the cheese on their burgers or eggs in their muffins.

Pros: very good burgers, good value, friendly staff
Cons: limited seating, serves dairy and eggs, unhealthy
gracep
gracep

Okay

3 Posted on 10 / 06 / 2012

I went here today, on the cafe's first day. As such, the service was very slow (it took me about an hour to order and receive my meal, which isn't ideal for fast food-style fare). I ordered two savoury items and a dessert. One of the savoury items was a hot dog, which had some flavour problems due to the fact that they'd forgotten to put any sauce at all on it! The other item was a burger, on which the bun was burnt and there just generally wasn't much going on in terms of taste. The dessert had no problems and was quite good, and the prices of everything were quite reasonable.

I think these problems are mostly just initial hiccups, especially since on their first day today, they already had such a big line that it was going out onto the sidewalk. I'd recommend giving this cafe a try in a few weeks, but maybe not now. This is definitely an option for vegans/vegetarians who are "over" excessively healthy options and just want fast, snack-type food. The staff were also quite polite and friendly, and the cafe looks so cool inside.
Updated from previous review on Friday October 05, 2012

Pros: Affordable, Vegan items (declared), Really cool decor
Cons: Service slow, Meals not prepared well, So many customers
mandml