East End Cooperative

Co-op is open to the public with membership being optional. Organic fruits and vegetables, bulk staples, grocery, an all vegetarian food bar, and more. more-less

First Review by SLC
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

East End Cooperative

5 Posted on 12 / 05 / 2011

Forget Whole Foods when you have East End Cooperative! Honestly, this is quite possibly one of my favorite coops. They make some amazing deli items...so amazing that I went back twice during my visit to PA. I was only expecting to have a few options in the prepared food section, but the vegan options were plentiful. Their mock tuna salad was impressive, made with tvp, vegenaise, and spices. The potato salad was creamy and exceptionally delicious. And the vegan pasta salad was also impressive. Generally most grocers fail in this department, but East End excels by leaps and bounds. I can't believe how tasty their store-made food was. The prices were also very reasonable, if not low. If I lived in PA, I'd join their coop and would go there frequently.

brainyblonde
brainyblonde

• raw

better than whole foods- and with a juice bar

5 Posted on 08 / 31 / 2008

i shopped at the co-op when i lived in pittsburgh all the time. i then went to whole foods when they opened, but with no juice bar and such a small store i was right back at the co-op. awesome juice bar, great service and always local produce. these guys ROCK> the only place to shop in pitts ;)

Pros: juice bar, deli , local produce
SLC
SLC

Great salad bar, but too expensive to shop

4 Posted on 08 / 03 / 2008

I love their hot food and salad bar, which has a smaller selection but is so fantastic, you don't need more choices, I promise. The price is really fair, too. Grocery shopping on the other hand is something average earner can not to there. I have only been of teh opinion that the vegetarian and vegan lifestyle should be for everybody and not some wealthy few. So this is my one big criticism of a place I otherwise love for the idea, the people who work there, and many other things.

Pros: buffet, employees, selection
Cons: PRICES

Dear Owner and Manager of East End Cooperative: