Earth's Healing Cafe

This cafe is reportedly all vegan but may be uses honey in some items - please let happycow know. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Raw, American, Juice bar
1942 W Montrose Ave (Wolcott Ave)
Chicago, Illinois 60613

Sjstevens23
Sjstevens23

no food!

Posted on 04 / 09 / 2013

I actually found this cafe through happy cow.... I was so excited to get some lunch! But....it's only juice. Maybe they scaled down in the last year? Anyway, in sure the juice is great, but a girl needs to eat!

Cons: no food
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Earth's Healing Cafe

Posted on 06 / 16 / 2011

A great addition to the Chicago raw/vegan restaurant scene! Earth's Healing Cafe has a limited menu, I'd say I recall about 5-6 food items, but they have a plethora of smoothies to make up for it. I visited the cafe for the food so I tried the Plate of Imhotep which included an herbed patty (made from sunflower seeds, almonds, and flaxseed), a layer of cashew cream, tomato says, sprouts, and avocado, etc. all for $10 - WOW! It doesn't look like much in the container, but it's very filling and tastes pretty great. I'd definitely go back again!

RunningCUTIE
RunningCUTIE

Amazing!

Posted on 05 / 30 / 2011

We visited while in Chicago this weekend. The other review is fair in some ways...few entree options and not all were available when we visited. However the staff was upfront and apologetic about the unavailable options. Food was fabulous. Neither my fiance nor I are raw, but I am vegan and we both enjoy new places. I had the Plate of Imhotep which was SO tasty!! My fiance had the alfredo zucchini pasta and loved it. Our smoothies were so delicious ...and I thought very reasonable given the ingredients. Good and fresh isn't cheap. Also had a shot/elixir and man...I wouldn't say it was tasty but it woke the senses! Not bad. Overall it was a very positive experience and we would absolutely return if we lived in Chicago. Hope its still there when we visit again.

Pros: Excellent food, Very friendly staff, Amazing smoothies/juices
Cons: Small space, Limited food menu

Nelson
Nelson
  • raw

Welcome addition to Chicago's raw food scene

Posted on 05 / 12 / 2011

Modest small cafe. Limited selection -- only three entrees on menu and only two available when I visited. I had collard wraps (served with cole slaw on the side) -- both very pleasing dishes, although the portions seemed a bit small to me. Entrees are prepared in advance, but very fresh and reasonably priced. Lots of nice smoothies and juices, but these are pricey. A daily raw dessert is advertised, but none was available when I visited. Still, a very happy addition to Chicago's scarcity of raw-food options.

Pros: good raw food, fast, affordable entrees
Cons: limited entree menu, small portions, drinks are expensive

Dear Owner and Manager of Earth's Healing Cafe: