TEMPORARILY CLOSED PENDING RENOVATION Jun 2013 moved from 1820 Oceanside Blvd - please update happycow when it reopens. A large size market with deli stocking fresh organic produce, bulk food, nutritional supplements, and specialty food. more-less

First Review by CNizz
suzzzeq
suzzzeq

Decent Place

3 Posted on 11 / 06 / 2012

I've been to this store a few times. I find most of the products over priced but they do keep a very impressive stock of items. I called once to check stock on a product and I was instructed to call back the next day to speak to a manager. I was disappointed that I was unable to verify if the product I was searching for was in stock. This should not have required a return phone call.

Pros: Good selection of products
Cons: Price, Customer Service
xandriah
xandriah

Excellent produce

4 Posted on 03 / 25 / 2012

I came here once a few weeks ago and I was impressed by the quality and selection of the organic produce. A lot of it is local, and inexpensive. Their selection of vegan grocery is limited, but they have an extensive gluten-free grocery.

Pros: Local and organic produce, Inexpensive
Cons: Limited vegan fare
CNizz
CNizz
  • non-vegetarian

Earthgrown delights!

5 Posted on 11 / 08 / 2011

Earthgrown Market (formerly Boney's) is a San Diego institution for wholefoods, natural foods, and vegan and vegetarian resources. It has a wide variety of excellently priced options, including a bulk foods department and deli in addition to its raw foods / organics. Earthgrown is also a fully-stocked vitamin and mineral provider, and offers a number of trusted vegan and vegetarian brands, as well as many gluten-free options. It is an invaluable resource for customers in the San Diego area.

Pros: Wide variety, Excellent prices, Locally owned

Dear Owner and Manager of Earthgrown Market - temporarily closed: