Tiny cafe serving vegan desserts, smoothies, herbal teas, organic teas, organic coffee, natural body care products. All locally crafted. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Thai, Bakery, Take-out

First Review by Tom Radzienda
happy_haarpist
happy_haarpist

Amazing, beautifuly flavoured slowly cooked food!

5 Posted on 03 / 05 / 2014

My girlfriend and I ate here every single day, sometimes twice a day, while we staying in Pai. The lady here, makes superbly flavoured hot food and excellent shakes among much much more.

The first thing I noticed about the food was that the flavour is full and authentic - not just vegetables sitting in a yellow curry coconut sauce. This is food in which you savor each mouthful as long as you can. Our meals came out garnished perfectly with additional whole spices, she really makes the effort. We honestly had absolutely superb food, every single visit here, and is a massive incentive to return to Pai. I honestly have not found Thai food as good as this elsewhere.

I also indulged in some excellent cacao, banana and peanutbutter soy milk shakes. Delicious, and full of crunchy pieces of cacao and crushed peanuts.

There was also an extremely affectionate and friendly cat, that loved to come and sit with us for a stroke and some company. Note: the cat did not interfere with our food in any way; it did not want to be fed, it did not jump up onto the table.

At the time of year in which we visited, there was many mosquitoes around but the owner brought out some citronella candles and they quickly kept the mosquitoes away, and the scent did not bother our dining.

As she was the only person working there on our visits, and presumably to this day, please ensure you are not in hurry to be anywhere else. This is slow and beautifully cooked food, and good food takes patience and it is well worth the wait. I suggest order a couple of the excellent drinks first, perhaps even bring a pack of cards.

This is perhaps the best food in Pai.

Pros: Impeccable food, Great atmosphere, Friendly, but not bothersome, cat
agentbey
agentbey

Earth Tone Tastebud Tune Up

5 Posted on 02 / 04 / 2014

This oasis of goodness sits directly across from Wat Prat That Mae Yen. Perfectly aligned with a delightful selection of vegan cakes, gluten free pastries, raw vegan desserts, fruit shakes and organic herbal teas.

Highly recommend the fruit and nut vegan chocolate cake. This is the best vegan chocolate cake that I have ever eaten. Very moist and perfected sweeten. I begging the owner for the recipe.

After my pilgrimage to the top to see the large Buddha image that peering over all of Pai, this shop is a treat to cool off and feed the senses.

The owner informed me that she is opening everyday now from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm. Baked goods change from time to time. I'm sure whatever is available will be delicious.

The shop also sells various locally crafted body care products ranging from 40 THB to 200 THB.

Earth Tone is no longer sell prepared meals. I highly recommend this roadside cafe to satisfy your taste buds after a trip to the Wat or the near by hot springs.
Updated from previous review on Sunday February 02, 2014

Pros: Vegan cakes, Organics Tea, Fresh
Cons: Vegan and raw desserts go quickly
Agenda
Agenda

Love it!

5 Posted on 05 / 29 / 2013

I love it! It's such a great place for vegans! The owner cooks alone but she is really fast! The food is amazingly delicious. Lots of choices for shakes for vegans - I need to come back to try more!

Such a great vegan banana cake!!!

Pros: Lots of shakes, Healthy products for sale, Friendly owner
Tom Radzienda
Tom Radzienda

Friendly Veg Restaurant in Pai

5 Posted on 09 / 17 / 2012

Pai is a great place to hang out in Northern Thailand. It's also a great place for vegetarian food. Earth Tone provides personal and friendly service plus tasty food at every meal. You can taste that the cook puts her heart into each meal she prepares. I plan to bring my mother here in December and treat her to some more items from Earth Tone's menu. Check it out! Hey, bring your mum too!

Pros: Friendly, Healthy, Good menu

Dear Owner and Manager of Earth Tone: