Bulk food, supplements, vitamins, personal care products, grocery, and more. Previously named Sunsplash Natural Foods for Less. more-less

First Review by savetheanimals
MissB613
MissB613

Corrections from Previous Review

5 Posted on 06 / 10 / 2014

Corrections: Everything in the store is NOT gluten-free. There are many gluten-free, refined sugar-free, organic, and kosher products, as well as a large vitamin and supplement section as well as many (vegan) body care items. The produce section is small and mostly organic - but the store itself is pretty small.

The bulk section is BIG! Most items in the bulk section are vegan, organic, and kosher and are comparable to the cost of these items at other area stores - especially on the 10% off days. (One day a week, everything is 10% off).

In terms of vegan basics, they carry tofu, seitan, tempeh, many plant-based milks, vegan cheese and cream cheeses, vegan chocolate and other baking goods, as well as tons of vegan ice creams and (frozen) bread products. They also have a lot of accidentally vegan products, like tomato sauces and pastes, flours, oils, sauerkraut, etc. Like the previous review said, they have tons of other snacks also like popcorn, chips, crackers, cookies and desserts.

Military members & their families get 10% off every day! I absolutely love Earth Origin's customer service - they are extremely attentive.

Pros: Excellent Customer Service, 10% Off Everything 1day/wk + Military , Bulk Section
Cons: ;( Parking Lot
savetheanimals
savetheanimals

more of a snack/ vitamin store not a grocery store

2 Posted on 03 / 17 / 2012

Everything in the store is gluten free. (I do not worry about eating gluten free. I am vegan but I thought it was important 2 say 4 ppl who r gluten free). They didn't have alot of the vegan basics like daiya vegan cheese. I do have 2 say they did have alot of vegan ice cream though. They had more vegan ice cream flavors from different companies then any other store I have gone 2 so far. They also had alot of different things the ice cream was made from (soy, rice coconut.) They had other snacks also like popcorn and chips. I think it was more like a snack and vitamin store then a grocery store (All the other health stores I have been 2 so far have been grocery stores.) They did have a few vegan meals and fake meats but they were mixed in with real meat and real dairy. They weren't even the good vegan meals. When I say they have a few vegan meals and fake meats I mean it is very very very very limited. They do not have a lot at all. I don't live near here so I can't say anything about location. (I was in the area 4 something else so I thought I would check happy cow 4 a health food store) If I did live in the area I would stop here in the summer (Or when it is 70 Fahrenheit in March. Maryland is having some weird weather lately. We didn't get snow in the winter and it felt like spring. Now that it is spring it feels like summer. I don't even want 2 think about what this summer is going 2 b like. Normally Maryland weather is never like this) get vegan ice cream and while I was there 4 vegan ice cream I may get a few other snacks but the price is high so I think I would look 4 another place 4 other snacks.

Pros: gluten free, lots of vegan ice cream choices
Cons: expensive not alot vegan basics no daiya, meat/ dairy is with limited vegan meals, snack/ vitamin store not a grocery store

Dear Owner and Manager of Earth Origin: